Saturday 14 December 2019

We're Having a Christmas Party @ Uniko!

Good morning folks.
Over at Uniko we are having a bit of a party for all our Uniko friends.
All you have to do is create a Christmas project, anything goes, using your Uniko goodies and link it up! 
Join in the party & share your Christmas cards, tags, projects or scrapbook pages using Uniko Clear Stamps, Stencils or Designer Dies. See the Party Rules at the end of the post to be eligible to win one of the three prizes on offer.

How about an incentive to join in & some PRIZES!

First Prize £25 eGift Certificate

Second & Third Prize Winners Choice of £10 In-Stock Clear Stamp Set
Simples.

Here is my card using the poinsettia outline from the Season of Beauty stamp set and Background Builders Christmas set.


I used the layout from a card I made last month at a craft class in N Wales with Lydia from Altenew.
I love watercolouring but struggle to use it loosely enough, so really had to just go with this colouring!
On a panel of Mixed Media paper, I stamped the outlines and leaves with Altenew Black ink and left it to dry thoroughly. Taking each sepal or leaf at a time, I added some clean water with a medium brush before adding slightly watered down Altenew ink, first Heartbeat, then Vineyard Berry to the base of the sepal or leaf. The water takes the ink and blends it for you. Don't be too precise adding the clear water as the white patches liven up the image. By the way I say sepal as the flowers of a poinsettia are actually the tiny insignificant yellow centers! I used Altenew's Forest Glades and Evergreen ink for the leaves.
If you need to go back in to deepen the colour, add some water first to the while leaf or sepal so you don't end up with hard edges.
When completely dry, I added some splatters of gold and a sentiment strip, a narrow strip of gold glitter paper under the sentiment completes.
So that's me done, but if you would like to join in check out the rules below.



Party Rules

* The party is open to everyone, everywhere in the world
* Anything Christmas Goes (Cards, Tags, Projects, Scrapbook Layouts Etc)
* Your entry MUST include at least ONE Uniko product (clear stamp, stencil, designer die or digital freebie) as the MAIN focus of your entry.
* Join in as many times as you like, as long as your entry ticks the rule above!
* Link Up will CLOSE on 8pm 31st December 2019
*WINNERS will be announced 6th January 2020
*The first prize winner will be chosen from a vote by the Uniko Brand Ambassadors and the last two winners will be chosen randomly from all the entries that have adhered to the rules.


Most of all have FUN!

I'm linking up over at:-



    Take It, Make It Challenge

Penny Black and More
Flowers

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Julie. I love poinsettias and managed to keep one alive until August a few years ago!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I love the artistic way of applying colors.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at HLS Watercolor.
    Merry Christmas
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card, Julie! I love the artsy way you coloured those lovely flowers, adding another level to the design! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2020!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully festive Julie. All the best for the New Year, and thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)