Saturday 20 May 2017

A Warm Snuggly Quilt

Good morning all.
I'm here bright and breezy on a Saturday morning to share a card I made for Less is More.
I was honoured to be their April winner and the girls asked me to GD this week.
Here is my card.


Can you guess this week's theme? It is -

Displaying LIM #329.jpg

I was thinking of going down the hexagonal shaped card route at first but in the end went with this quilt design. I'm really a novice when it comes to quilting, I do enjoy making the designs up but I've kept the finished products to simple cushion covers. I have a half made bean bag cover in the cupboard that was supposed to be for my Grandson but I couldn't figure how to finish it! I blame it all on my bestie Di who got me into quilting after she took it up when she retired and gave me some of her patterns and now my stash of fabric is nearly as big as my stash of DP. It's a good job the quilt shop closed in town and is now a 20 minute car journey away!
Anyway, to make a quilt you cut up fabric into geometric shapes and then reassemble into patterns and as the cue word over at CASology is warm, the two things together sparked this idea.
I started by cutting a panel from off white card using a Port Sunny purchase from MFT to create my quilt shape, then cut the stitched panel from the center using another MFT Blueprints die. I kept the colourway simple, using the warm colours, orange, red and yellow, seen in Time Out's challenge and cut the shapes out of scrap, replacing the pieces flat into the panel. The sentiment, stamped in brown, is from a Christmas set but I think works well here. A quick and simple card that can be made in lots of different colours.

Please check out the rest of the LIMettes here for more fabulous geometric inspiration.

I'd like to join in over at:-


Grab Our Badge!
Love the design but it was the colours that stuck in my mind

19 comments:

  1. Lovely crisp lines here, Julie. Love all the inlaid geometrics and the colours you chose. Wonderful having you as our guestie this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous graphic card and love this mix of colours-great for our challenge at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ! This is stunning Julie ! I love this quilt design and it is so gorgeous with these warm colours ! A very beautiful take and combination for the 3 challenges ! So happy to have you as our guest designer this week ! Have a wonderful WE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever, Julie - I love the gorgeous colour combo and inlaid geometric die cutting! It is so great to have you as GD this week and thank you for the inspiration. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt design, Julie. Love The inlay technique to get two geometric shapes into your card. Thank you for being our GD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great geometric design Julie, how fun you thought of quilts, they are so pretty in my opinion... I wish I could make them! The colors are really pretty too. So warm! Thanks for being our GD at LIM and also thanks for sharing this beauty at TIME OUT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific design! Love the colors! Thanks for guesting for us at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab, Julie! The inlaid die cutting and bright colour palette really do give the feel of a warm quilt and look great. The scallop edge of the main panel is a super finishing touch. Lovely! Thanks for being an awesome guest designer for us this week at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a clever design Julie and the colours are fantastic tooxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the inlaid "diamonds". Great color scheme too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design & colour combo. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sizzling hot design Julie! I love that you took your inspiration from quilting and you represented it perfectly in those fab geometric shapes. There is such a wealth of detail to look at here and the inlaid die technique works a dream. Gosh - what a shame you didn't know how to finish off that bean bag for your grandson - I do hope you manage to finish it someday. Thanks so much for being a wonderful guest designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a quilt like this, Julie! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie this is beautiful!
    I love the way my card inspired you! Thank you so much for playing along at Casology and Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever card and I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an inspiration Julie!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Julie!! Your quilted pattern is so pretty. I would love to see this pattern on a actual quilt. You did a great job with the mixing of colors. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm late to the commenting party having had a crazy few days with family but love your quilt-effect-geometric design Julie and great to have a little peak at your buys from Happy Stampers. Thanks for being a fabulous guest designer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous, Jules ... love the cool graphic style paired with the warm colours and delicate scalloped edges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)