Sunday, 18 August 2013

Birthday inspiration

Hi folks
It's that time of year when I have to think of a card idea for my son's birthday. Men's cards are really tricky so its always a bit of a head scratch. I keep putting off making and have been trawling through websites for inspiration. I don't want to repeat myself, he wouldn't notice but I would know!
This is last years card.



Chris is a big cricket fan so this Lili of the Valley image is coloured in Yorkshire colours. The background papers were off a free CD rom I got yonks ago. The cricket ball brad was from a Dovecraft collection I had in my stash. The background to the stamp was done using masks made with a Martha Stewart grass punch and torn paper and then inked withTim Holtz distress inks. The letters were die cut with a Sizzix alphabet set of dies, the bunting was cut freehand from matching scraps.

Still not sure about the layout of the next card but it will probably be on a golfing theme.

Thanks for stopping by.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.
Thanks
Jules :0)