Sunday 11 August 2013

A "Wednesday" Owl

Our old next door neighbour has a birthday soon and is a mad keen Sheffield Wednesday supporter. She very rarely misses a match. For the past ten or fifteen years all birthday and Christmas presents and or cards have had an owl theme as a kind of in joke. This is the latest.



The card uses an owl stamp from Woodware which has been paper pieced, mounted on satin blue scalloped circle with added punched leaves. The backing paper was some free paper I found in my stash. The tag is from the new Die'sire range, stamped with a sentiment from the same range as the owl. Some white ribbon from my not inconsiderable stash finishes it off.

This is another of the cards I made for her from a few years back.



This one was made using some owl designed paper I had in my stash as a basis for the owl. I sketched the basic shape for the head wings and feet and used two ovals for the body and two circles for each eye. the highlight in the eyes is a paper punch. Shapes were just cut out of brown, black, beige, orange and white card.
The background is simply a piece of blue card for sky and a piece of green put through an embossing folder. The white ribbon around his neck was coloured blue with a permanent pen. and the thin striped across was some from my stash.

It certainly keeps you on your toes to keep the owl theme going.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)