Saturday 31 August 2013

Inspiration

I'm still getting my head around this new blogging idea. I've looked at loads of different blogs and they look so good compared to mine. I will discuss this with my daughter and son in law when they next come. I'm sure its really obvious what I need to do. Their generation are just so IT savvy, even my three year old grandson can use an Android phone to play games- even in Japanese!

I started this blog because I make all these cards and send them and never see them again, so this was a way to save them and let anyone else who's interested see them too. I while away many an hour looking for ideas and I'm very grateful for those of you out there that publish your ideas for others to share.

Here is a card I made based on one made in a class from about three years ago. It isn't a direct copy but based on a similar idea.


The card was made for my Mum's birthday a couple of years ago. It is based on a Graphic 45 collection (Le Romantique) with handmade roses and lace effect card done with a Martha Stewart edge punch. The tags were part of the same collection. I don't always like to use ready made toppers, I think it's a bit of a cop out, but these did fit the brief.


This A4 gatefold card was completed with a strand of pearls snaking across the right hand panel.

I have made similar cards using a blue theme and one with a more masculine palette (A proper Gentleman) with different Graphic 45 collections. Perhaps I will hunt it out and post it another time.

The roses were made using punched flower shapes in two different sizes. Here is a linky to a tutorial that shows how to make them, http://in2crafting.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/tutorials-six-petal-rose.html

Have a go they aren't as difficult as they look and you will feel so good when you have finished one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)