Sunday 1 September 2024

Color Hues #94

Happy 1st September!
Well that must mean there's a new colour duo from Color Hues. This week team mate Carol has chosen an autumnal pairing for you. Here's my take on the new colours.


With green in the pairing, floral would seem the way to go but instead I decided to get out another of my Stampingbella Uptown girls, Uptown Girl Quinn in her boots. She's perfect for those colder month cards, all wrapped up in her hat, scarf, boots and winter coat.

I used my preferred colouring medium of Copics, just love the way they blend smoothly and for the most part the colours are great, the green element was easy to decide on, I chose G28, G46,G24, and G20. The rust element was a little trickier. My first attempt used the earthy E04, 07,and 09 but it didn't have the right look, so after some research I used, B93, YR24, YR27 and E09. I know, B93, but it works as the darkest layer under the E09!

The background panel was a NBUS EF from Honey Bee and the frame an IO die that I picked up a couple of years ago for a bargain £2, reduced from £18 and never used. It was TOO good a bargain to miss!!! The ground is just a scrap of white cut with a landscape die. My sentiment is a magazine freebie from years ago and never used, stamped in black on a circle of white card and glued onto my textured base before adding the frame on pads, along with Quinn.

So that's about it from me but please check out the rest of the team here, along with our GD Colleen.
As always we look forward to seeing your makes.

Joining in over at:- 

#66

Favourite Colouring Medium
I used my preferred colouring medium of Copics, just love the way they blend smoothly and for the most part the colour range is great

12 comments:

  1. Julie, your Quinn, sporting her stylish her hat, scarf, boots and coat, is absolutely gorgeous! I would wear that outfit in a second! Pairing her with the white, textured background really emphasizes how eye-catching she is. Once again, your colouring dazzles. Thank you for embracing rust and green in this delightful work of art!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. I love the autumn colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's another of your fabulous images, beautifully colored! This one is delightful--already for colder temps. Your white-on-white background is a great design, and Quinn just pops out from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your uptown girl Julie and am just a bit jealous that I don't look like that when I'm all bundled up! But anyway, your coloring is perfect as always and I love the white on white background so that Quinn totally POPS! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout with the snow bank and the white on white background. We all know you have fabulous stamps and you and Stef are the queens of coloring, this one is as perfect as always. Wonderful job, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I just love her winter weather outfit! Fabulous coloring with those Hues!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie your colouring is just perfect and I always love when you use the Stampingbella ladies! The embossed background works perfectly with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep returning to look at the details, Julie. This is fantastic! Your coloring is spot on and that burlap embossing makes this feel even more fallish! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your uptown girl is so stylish in her boots and and pleated skirt. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, you've used one of my very first SB purchases and it's a great reminder to use her again, especially as cooler weather approaches (someday). Exquisite coloring as always, and great use of the complementary color dark blue for the rust shading! I don't always think to do that. Love your card design in all white, it is very evocative of winter and works so well with Quinn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Miss is the perfect model for the colors Julie! Wonderful coloring with your Copics and I love the texture added in your background! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring with Copics (or any coloring medium) is always so professional, Jules! Quinn looks very stylish for fall! I love the background texture and how you gave her a lovely curve of ground to stand on! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Sorry to be visiting so late! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)