Tuesday 20 August 2024

Just to Say ..

Good morning folks, it's time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
This time our theme for your masculine makes is:-

Sunrise or Sunset

Here's my CAS card using what could be either! We've had some corking sunrise and sunsets here over the years. In fact just the other week I woke up to see a fantastic one, even made up for the fact it was nearer to 4 than 5 o'clock!


I started by blending some sunset/sunrise DIs on a panel of white card. First I added some Mustard Seed then after adding circle of masking paper, added Carved Pumpkin and Ripe Persimmon, with a touch of Hickory Smoke and Chipped Sapphire to the top edge, most of which I later cut away!
Next, keeping the mask in place, I stamped my Uniko BB Rays with Versamark and heat embossed with semi dull WOW EP.
Using a STAMPlorations landscape die, I cut a panel from black card, adding a white embossed sentiment. My first thoughts were to use a white panel of card to sit in front of my sunrise/sunset but after looking at it, I went with a black one! I think it shows off the glow in the sky a little better.
I used a pretty general sentiment as it could be used for many occasions with the addition of a greeting on the inside of the card.
To complete, the two panels were added flat onto an A6 card base.
So where will this theme take you? If you need more inspiration then please check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blending, and the embossing really looks nice! Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heat embossed rays...fantastic idea!! Once again you have offered great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new “sunset//sunrise” challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! It is gonna be fun seeing sunrises and sunsets displayed on paper!! #C4G354

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blended sunset, Jules. I love how dramatic the black plays off the sunny colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, what a beautiful sunset. I love the bright yellow with the black silhouette. Gorgeous. So glad you shared this with us at Addicted to CAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)