Tuesday 3 September 2024

Nautical

Morning all. 
The summer holidays have come to an end for another year and most are back at school, so the weather is bound to improve! We used to call it an Indian Summer but a local farmer friend calls it Mother's Little Summer and its his hope of making hay after a year when the Met Office has struggled to get the 10 day forecasts as accurate as we would have liked. Rain in the middle of 'hay' making twice ensured that we have no unwrapped hay this year from our fields only wrapped haylage. 
Anyway all the rain means more time for the craft room, as did the mini heatwaves we had!

So this Tuesday morning sees the start of a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz, here's my take on the theme of:-

NAUTICAL


I love this LOTV image Sailing By, one of the first I ever bought. Now no longer available from them BUT the image has a new life over at Penny Black! When I first saw it on their You Tube channel being demonstrated, I was confused as to why would PB pinch the design. I found out later that the design rights had passed, so LOTV's artist was free to sell their rights to someone else.
Anyway, I based this card on another of PBs Jill Foster's Permission to Play sketches, with a slight twist. In her sketch the embossing goes from left to right and covers the whole of the card base.

The reason for the border is simple, my EF was too small for a full A6 panel, but I thought the embossed pattern went well with the Nautical theme. As always, Copics to colour the image as well as the Wplus9 HAPPY die cut. Not sure about the EF make, think it's DoCrafts, and the birthday is part of a LOTV sentiment stamp. This will probably go to my daughter for my Grandson's party card box, that boy has a hell of a social life!

So where will this new theme take you? If you need more inspiration why not check out the rest of the team here and then join in.

Joining in over at:-

Hand Coloured Image
or AG

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic coloring of this little guy...he is so handsome!! Love the textured panel behind him!! As always, you offer great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new "nautical" themed challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! #C4G355

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spot on about the weather, mind you we did get a good crop of hay in this year, rest of the crops was another matter.

    Your card is really sweet, perfect for the little lads, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Jules!! Such a fun card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)