Friday 16 August 2024

Color Hues #93

Good afternoon.
Are we already half way through August already? Well as it's time for a new colour duo from Color Hues we must be. For this challenge, Tracey has chosen to go with a sunny vibe to her colours and this is what I came up with.


To start, I decided on the image, Stampingbella, and then rooted through my DP to find some in the correct colours, cut to the same size as the image, then used them to choose the correct Copics to colour it. These scraps of DP are Papermania and are amongst the first DPs I ever bought, so long ago I can't remember when but must be nearly 20 years ago!
After colouring the two girls, I decided I needed to colour the background but still keep to the rules, so chose a neutral grey. The sentiment is from an MFT set, Picture Perfect and I thought it went well. It was just too large to fill the gap in the polaroid frame, so cut it in two, adding the thin strip to the polaroid and mounting the larger element on black and placing under the image. I think the black makes it stand out just the right amount. A few Copic coloured pearls complete the design.

So where will this new colour combo take you? As usual the rest of the girls have some fabulous inspiration for you on the blog here.
We can't wait to see where these colours will take you.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, these bosom buddies look amazing in yellows and orange, with your coloring, Julie! I love the layout and the perky papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of a polaroid on a card and as always your coloring is terrific. The squares of DSP and pearl gems were perfect additions. I love this very much. Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful card, Julie! Those girls are so sweet and your coloring looks fantastic! The patterned papers have really stood the test of time, the patterns are so cute. Love this design with the angled papers and the polaroid frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A picture perfect card in every way Julie! Your coloring is perfection as always and YAY for using up a bit of that 20 year old DSP!! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design! Love all the coloring, patterned paper, and embellishments you chose. But most of all, I love that stamp! You have the best collection of fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friendship Polaroid is fabulous Julie! As always your colouring is perfection with Stampingbella. I wish I had more of their stamps! Thank you for making my colours look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous friendship polaroid card, Julie! As always, your colouring dazzles!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you took your card a whole different direction as most of us did. Your coloring of these gals is amazing. Wonderful friendship card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)