Wednesday 16 July 2014

LIM fingerprints

Afternoon folks.
An extra post this week as I'm still in my craftroom, no trips to do son's washing. 
This week's challenge at Less is More is to adapt a fingerprint and create a one layer card.
Well first off what a hoot, then second read the instructions before getting carried away!
I finished my first attempt but forgot to make it one layer!! Never mind it was good practice for the real thing!


I saw a card awhile ago with a line of thumb print stamps as the focal and the tagline 'Thumb body loves you', so thought I would use that idea, hence the tag line. perfect for a retirement card. The fingerprints were made into toe-poke sandals on a beach. I debossed the umbrella and inked the sky,sea and beach before adding the sandals. 
I shall also just have time to enter the challenge at Time Out - Fun in the sun
Thanks to my teamie Cornelia's nudge I shall also enter at -

Well thanks for popping around and taking the time to check the blog out.
Also thanks to all those folk who are interested enough in my ramblings to press the follow button.

16 comments:

  1. Ha, this made me smile, Julie! Clever way to use the "thumb" theme :) I love the scene you've created...it looks like a heavenly place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! That's brilliant Julie, I love the thentiment and fab flip flops, gorgeous beach scene too!! :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect beach scene - like those flip-flops - did you do finger or toe prints for that ;) - just kidding...You even got the shadow from the umbrella - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fantastic Jules, such a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously? You are a consummate designer, Jules!! This is incredibly smart and hilarious and creative! I so love the sediment, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks, I have been taking lessons from a natural!

      Delete
  6. Clever and so cute!! What a creative and fun sentiment!! Love what you did here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun flip flop finger prints
    Thanks for sharing and joining the fun
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  8. A scene I would love to step in! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant card Julie, I love the beach scene and your fingerprint flip flops are perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot about the one layer to start with and I set the challenge!!!!
    Hey Ho!
    This is super fun... great card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is to use finger prints for slippers, great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie what a fab scene you created for your take on the challenge!
    Thanks for getting inky with LIM this week
    Anne
    'Less is More'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly summery & I love the sentiment. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card and love how you have used the thumb prints! Nicole x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)