Tuesday 11 June 2024

You Are The Best

Good morning.
It's time for a brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz and as it's almost Father's Day, how appropriate that the new theme is -

FATHER'S DAY

Here's my inspiration for you.


This is a CASE of a card I made a couple of years ago here, my youngest Grandson loved it so I made him another to give to his dad! I changed the sentiments around, used slightly different ones in the background as well as some different coloured card. 
Not all the sentiments are from masculine sets, I just picked an assortment that felt right. 

After choosing the sentiments, I stamped the base card using Memento Grey Flannel ink, making sure I covered the whole A6 panel, then rifled through my bits for some coloured card strips which I arranged into a rainbow. I then chose the most appropriate sentiment for each strip, some cut using dies, others just with the paper cutter. DAD was cut from black card using dies, as were the stars. My sentiment on the navy strip had to be heat embossed with white EP so that it showed up but all the others were stamped with black ink. All strips were glued flat onto the background.

So that's it from me, looking forward to your Father's Day cards in our gallery. For lots more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

3 comments:

  1. How fun...all those fitting sentiments in a rainbow of colors!! As always you offer great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new “Father’s Day” challenge that begins today over at Cardz 4 Guyz. #C4G349

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great Father's Day card. I can see why your grandson loved it ... it's so fun and colourful. Great work Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous card Julie. Your hand stamped background is really clever and perfect for the rainbow feature. It's raining again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)