Saturday 1 June 2024

Color Hues #88

Good afternoon, a new month so a new colour combo from Color Hues.
When I first saw Karen's choice of colours I knew exactly where I was going! The new colours are the colours of a Rugby League team in the UK that my friend absolutely loves, Leeds Rhinos, so I made her this for her birthday back in March.


I bought the MFT stamp set, Birth-Yay, a few years ago and over the years I've made quite a few birthday cards for Jenny, I can't imagine making a card for her that isn't rhino based or blue and yellow at the least!
The sketch for this card is based on one from the MFT site but I changed up the colours from peach and aqua to the yellow and blue. All the different characters were coloured with Copics and then fussy cut out. The die cut circles were coloured with DI, Squeezed Lemonade and Blueprint Sketch and spritzed with a little water and then blotted to give a textured effect.
After adding the inked circles to my base card, I trimmed the over hanging bits off before stamping the sentiment and adding the characters on foam pads.

So where will this colour combo take you?
We'd love to see you in the gallery but if you need more inspiration the rest of the team and our GD have lots of ideas here.

11 comments:

  1. So adorable. LOVE those yellow and blue circles filled with adorable critters and birthday wishes. Your friend Jenny is going to LOVE IT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, Julie...this card is so CUTE I can hardly stand it!! Your coloring and fussy cutting skills are wonderful, but the layout design is FABULOUS!! This whole card just totally makes me smile...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this card is so creative, and so much fun! I loved it the minute I saw it. What a great design and it's so amazing that you managed your wonderful coloring with a two-color challenge! Pinning this one for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I am so smitten with your card and I think your friend a lucky one to receive it! Love the cute assemblage of critters on the circle die cuts and fun sentiment (the BB sets had the best ones in my opinion). Super cute and perfect use of the CH colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Julie and a really lovely design too. Such a great sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, If this card isn't a pure delight! Each animal is so cute and of course colored so well. I love how you brought our challenge colors in. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when colors spark an instant idea, and this one is adorable! I love how you made each animal unique with your coloring and you rocked the layout! This really makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules this is adorable! I just love all the animals and the way you coloured them in the challenge colours! A perfect sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my card and for having me as a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmystars! Once again I'm blown away by your creativity, your colouring, your design. What an incredibly sweet card for your friend; guaranteed she loves it, as do I! As always, you rock these challenges!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already thought this card was fabulously over the top and then I read your intro. How perfect is this? (Totally perfect. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)