Tuesday 21 March 2023

Super Striker

Good morning. It's the Spring Equinox today, so summer is almost here! We also have a brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time we would like your designs using

ANY COLOURING MEDIUM

As regular visitors here will know, Copic markers are my default setting for colouring, so this was an absolute no brainer! Here's my take.


I found this little chap in my to colour box, it's a digi from LOTV called Super Striker. He's in the strip of Liverpool FC, to keep my Son in law happy and I doodled the front of his shirt with their logo and sponsor's name using white gel pen and a touch of Copic marker for colour. The layout I used, I'd seen on Pinterest and had been waiting for just the occasion to use it. 
I printed off some NitWits DP in roughly Liverpool colours and die cut a net using an hexagonal cover plate die from Sizzix, the green stripe was some scrap coloured with matching green Copic marker. My sentiment was stamped on a tab cut using an old Marianne die and tucked under the edge of the square panel. To assemble, I glued my DP across my 7 x 7 square base card, added thin strips of red card above and below, added the green strip and the mock netting. The image I mounted on red card and slipped it through the red ring of card. Just snip the circle for ease and rejoin it at the back where it doesn't show! The finished panel was added to the card on pads.

So where will you go with the colouring element. Will it be crayons, watercolour or alcohol markers like me? We'd love to see your take in our gallery. For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-

Just Stripes for me

Birthday Cards


9 comments:

  1. That's a very sweet card for sure. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Cards Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...I was a soccer mom all of my kids growing up years so this card makes me smile!! What great inspiration you are giving to those who decide to play along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Your coloring of your soccer player is fantastic! -Deb Horst #C4G318

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE EXTRA EFFORT YOU WENT TO TO GET HIS SHIRT JUST RIGHT. FABULOUS DESIGN, FANTASTIC COLOURING AND WONDERFUL BRIGHT COLOURS. A PERFECT BIRTHDAY CARD! THANKS FOR SHARING IT WITH US AT PASSION FOR MARKERS!
    LINDA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is just awesome! Love your colouring and such a brilliant idea to add the logo to the football kit! That die is perfect to look like the net and I love how you've added that red ring around the image too! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Julie. I love the cute LOTV image and you did a great job turning into a Liverpool kit. Love the layout too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this little fella, such a useful stamp for any footie fan!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card for a young boy. Love the different die cut elements and how yo positioned that circle. Great colouring too. thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic card - love how you incorporated the patterned paper, the die cut elements and how you used the circle to frame the image (need to keep this in mind for one of my future cards - thanks a lot for the inspo!)!
    Thanks also for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge, hope you will join again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a very cute card Julie, I loved your effort in adding those details on the shirts and loved how you framed the circle die cut over the cute colored boy !! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)