Thursday 16 February 2023

Color Hues #58

Afternoon folks. We're mid way through the month already, so time for a brand new colour combo at Color Hues. Here's my take.


I decided to use my new layering stencil from Altenew, Hill Blossoms with this bright combination of colours.
I love lime green, it represents the fresh shoots of spring, fresh and vibrant. Cyan is a little trickier so looked it up and the dictionary says it's a green blue, made by splitting white light! I do remember the old TV test card where the primary colours were overlapped to make white, now I think about it!

To start, I took an A6 panel of white card and stencilled the first layer of the stems and foliage over it with Altenew's Bamboo ink. I then went in with the second layer using Altenew's Parrot, then blended the first layer again with the Parrot to intensify the colour. My blossoms were inked using 3 of the Sweet Dreams set from Altenew and the centers with a touch of Industrial Diamond. 

To complete, I added a Uniko sentiment on a layered circle of grey card over white and more grey.
So where will these fresh colours take you? We'd love to see your creations in our gallery at Color Hues. If you need more inspiration there's loads over on the Color Hues blog from the rest of the DT as well as our GD.

Joining in over at:-


#47

15 comments:

  1. I love your take on the pretty spring colors, Jules! Great choice of stencil and blending and I love the gray/white circles for the white birthday sediment! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! The colors work beautifully with your design. It's also very inspirational because that stencil has been in my "to use" box for far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card. The colors are so spring like. Lovely card. Thanks for having me as GD at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, your stenciling reminds me of a beautiful cotton print summer dress I once owned - it was soft as butter, and I adored it! Fitted bodice and full skirt - can you imagine?
    Thanks so much for delivering this beautiful card to The Flower Challenge! I have my Color Hues card made - watch for it! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree totally and I can just imagine it!

      Delete
  5. This is so wonderful, Julie! I love your florals! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Lovely stenciling for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at INk~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is SO pretty Julie!! I just love stencils and this one seems like it was just made for the challenge colors this time around! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty and fresh colour combo, a perfect spring card. I remember the Test Card, that long haired girl with the creepy clown playing noughts and crosses, gives me the eebie jeebies thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card using your layered stencils, Jules. LOVE this colour combination and it's perfect for the flowers you've used. Sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie what gorgeous stenciling, the colours look fantastic! It is truly a spring fresh card! As I make my visits I realized the teams' cards have me heading off to shop, ha ha ha-- what a lovely stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, I love that amazing stenciled floral image - it looks stunning in the CH colors! And thanks for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stenciling looks so fabulous! Love that you used a gray rather than black sentiment with this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super gorgeous background and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Julie, I haven't seen these stencils but you've inspired me to go and have a look. Your card is fabulous and your colors shine beautifully in the pretty layered floral. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)