Tuesday 13 December 2022

Ossie Owls

Good morning, I don't want to scare you but Christmas Day will soon be here, hope you have all your prep done because I haven't! Anyway I've another card to share for the brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time it's -

Something beginning with O

As soon as I saw that, I thought of owls and as I had the Lawn Fawn owl out after thinking to use it for the last challenge, I just had to use it!


I used to make owl themed Christmas cards as a joke for my old next door neighbour and Owls fan but sadly she is no longer with us but I do have a couple of kids that are still Owls fans. Not the fluffy creatures but the football team, Sheffield Wednesday. I have my late father to thank for that, personally I support the other football team in the city, Sheffield United. Their nickname is the Owls because they used to play at Owlerton a district in Sheffield. They are also called Wednesday as that was the only day they could get together to play back in Victorian times.
I started with a panel of white Copic friendly card and stamped an array of owls over it. I coloured the scarves in the colours of Wednesday, blue and white and the away colours of blue and yellow.
My die cut sentiment panel was already in my stash, so I just added a matte of gold card and a couple of small die cut holly sprigs which I coloured with Copics. The panel was then added to the card on pads.

So what will you come up with? We'd love to see your takes in the Cardz4Guyz gallery.

Joining in over at:-
Use die cuts

5 comments:

  1. O is for owls!! Great minds think alike...I too picked owls!! Fantastic coloring of your feathery friends!! Another great card to inspire others to play along with our new (something that begins with an "O") challenge over @ Cardz 4 Guyz!!
    #C4G311

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! But then, why wouldn't I?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Julie. The owl image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. What a great way to personalise a card by colouring their scarves in team colours. Thank you for taking part in our Mega Christmas challenge and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)