Thursday 1 December 2022

Color Hues #54

Good afternoon, it's December already! How can that happen, it was the heat of mid summer so recently it seems. Anyway, time for the final Color Hues colour combo of the year. Here's my take.


This card is a CASE of a card I made a few years ago here, using a freebie magazine die and part of a Uniko sentiment. 
To start, I die cut a panel of navy blue card with an MFT die and then cut away the bauble with the freebie. Below the opening I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed with white EP. The panel was then added to an A6 matching base card and the aperture filled using a black fun foam bauble and the original cut from the panel, slipping a length of gold chord behind the die cut and panel. A bow tied from the same chord was added on top. The JOY word was cut using a Tim Holtz Sizzix alphabet die from cream card and added across the center, an IO gold die cut snowflake completes.

We are keeping this challenge open for the whole of December, so if you get a little bored with all the festivities you might want to slip to your craft room for some respite and join us.
For more fab inspiration from the DT and our guest GD check out the Color Hues blog here.

Joining in over at:-

A Greeting Card

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card using the challenge colours, Jules!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pure perfection! I adore this, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Julie. Love the simplicity. Your bauble looks amazing in navy with the same background and the cream JOY just stands out beautifully. So lovely to be Guesting with you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! It's pinned to my Pinterest board as inspiration for next year! I would never have thought to die cut the ornament in navy against a navy background but it's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is just gorgeous! Love the tone on tone effect and the cream and gold look so striking against the Navy background. Your cards are always so inspiring. Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges. Happy Holidays Julie :) Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)