Tuesday 27 December 2022

Dachshund Through The Snow

Good morning!
Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and that Santa brought you lots of what you wanted. If he didn't, well I hope that it was still a great time with your loved ones. We got an extra Christmas present, my eldest grandson caught Chicken Pox from his younger brother!!
Anyway, over at Cardz4Guyz we've got a brand new challenge for you to keep you busy in the twixtmas period!!
This time we would like to see your take on:-

A WINTER THEME

Here's my take. I made it before the holidays when there was a hard frost and the overnight temperature on the roof,  according to the solar hot water panel, was down as low as minus 11'C!!!!! As I type, there are still plenty of frosty corners that the sun doesn't reach. I've used this fun LOTV digi- Dachshund Through The Snow, the doggie reminds me of our Max, though not a dachshund nor would he let you put a coat on him! 


The background was lurking in my scraps box, leftover from an earlier project and too good to throw away, works well with this cute boy with his dog and sledge from LOTV.
If I remember correctly, I stamped an arrangement of tree branches with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP. Using some Salty Ocean, Blue Print Sketch and Peacock Feathers DI more branches were stamped over. When dry I blended some of the Salty Ocean over the embossed and stamped branches.
After printing off this cute LOTV image, I coloured with Copics and fussy cut him and the pooch out, laying him on pads over the background. A sentiment from Uniko was stamped on the snow and then the whole panel was added to an A6 note card.

For more masculine winter themed inspiration, check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-


Clean and Simple

4 comments:

  1. I love your punning title!! It made me smile!! Super cute wintry birthday card...the scene you created is just fantastic!! And your coloring of it is on point!! Great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new “winter” challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!
    #C4G312

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful scene and love the dog. Not quite enough white space to my eye for it to be CAS. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Jules! LOVE the background with the icy sky and lots of trees with snow. The white, red and blue colours are so bright and cheerful. Great birthday card! Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background and perfect for that fantastic image. A very fun, colorful card though not really CAS, thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)