Wednesday 17 November 2021

Stencil Monoprint Penguins

 Morning, I've another Christmas card to share with you today using a mono print from a stencil.
I was pleased to see that this month's CAS Mix Up was to use a stencil to make a mono print, I had loads of them after playing around with my Gelli plate for my bauble backgrounds here.
Here's what I came up with.


My monoprint was made as a bi product of the Gelli plate process. After inking up the plate with Picked Raspberry DI and laying down the stencil, Let it Snow from Uniko, and taking a print, the stencil has lots of ink on the surface and being from Yorkshire I had to use rather than waste all that juicy ink. So on some scrap white paper, I laid down the stencil and pressed all over with my hand and some kitchen roll to mop up any seepage!
I love the smooth effect you get doing it this way compared to direct inking to stencil which can get a little blotchy and the small details tend to get lost. It even picked up some marks from the Gelli plate left from a previous experiment which reminded me of falling snow.
Always on the look out for a challenge combo, I added these two cute penguins, found in my odds and ends box, coloured with Copics and fussy cut. I cut away the background as it wasn't needed and added back the snow drift with some scraps, all framed with a leftover from my bits box. The sentiment is from Woodware.

Joining in over at:-

8 comments:

  1. Your background is fabulous, I am so glad you didn't waste that ink as it has provided a brilliant monoprint that is beautifully enhanced by those cute Penguins. thank you for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute penguins! Love the effect of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWh! Love these penguins and that gorgeous monoprint background, Julie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink monoprint is gorgeous and perfect for these adorable penguins, Julie! Beautiful Copic coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww ... your penguins are darling, Jules! And they look perfect with the monoprint background. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas and CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful penguins. love the the design of your card. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background is really lovely and what cute penguins xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you for making such good use of the ink! Great results and those penguins are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)