Wednesday 10 November 2021

Look what the postman brought!

 Morning folks. I've been playing with my newly acquired Altenew's Happy Together stamp set. I won it over at the Flower challenge together with a die cut thank you for their 5th Birthday celebrations with this card, thanks Viv. It dropped into the postbox on Friday so I've had some time to play and here is what I came up with.


I was influenced by the colours over at Altenew's November challenge and to start I made a background using the solid bloom stamp from the set and some DIs, blending out the stamping with a water brush. The finished panel reminded me of all the leaves in the cue picture but I wasn't satisfied so put the large panel to one side and had a play with the outline bloom spray.
Going for a no outline effect, I stamped with Altenew Limestone ink on MM paper and used a bright pink Zig marker to paint each petal which gives a more life like look. It's painstaking but so therapeutic, I get lost in the moment. I did the odd bit of Family History on the laptop whilst the petals dried, so I didn't smudge them! Some shadows were added with a purple Zig marker to give my bloom and bud some depth, before fussy cutting it out once dry. The rest of the panel of MM paper, I smooshed with a mix of Mustard Seed and Wild Honey DI and die cut a panel from it. The sentiment, I stamped on black and heat embossed with white EP and fussy cut.

I played around with both completed panel and rather liked the yellow panel over the fussy stamped background, so I die cut the panel to leave a border on an A6 note card, popped the smaller one up on pads and added the sentiment. It's not your typical autumnal thank you card but I was a bit orange and browned out!

Joining in over at:-

 

6 comments:

  1. Jules, this is beautiful! I love the unexpected bright colors and that fabulous colored flower! SO exciting to win a stamp set, too! The gorgeous background is perfect to make your flower pop! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I have to agree with Claire. When I clicked on your blog, I thought "Wow!.! Your colors are beautiful and the stamp details are stunning! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules love this stamp your card is lovely. Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, This is such an amazing card! I love the direction you took with the bright colors and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for adorning our gallery with this marvelous card at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a stunner of a card here Julie! Beautifully stamped and love your bright colours and design of it all too. Glad you are enjoying the crafty goodies. Your card just arrived too, it's just gorgeous and will have pride of place in my craft room now. Thank you so much and for the sweet confetti bits too, hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)