Monday 15 March 2021

STAMPlorations challenges, a reminder

 Have you joined in the latest Theme and Photo challenge over at STAMPlorations? There's still time and the teams have got together to give you some more inspiration here, to encourage you to join in, including my card below!


I used the theme of numbers for my anniversary card.


I used the fab large cake from Dee's Better Together and more of the digits from the Numbers Plate Die.
After stamping the cake on some white card in Altenew's Industrial Diamond, I used Copics to colour and then fussy cut it out. I prefer to fussy cut as it allows me to add the white 'iced' cake to the coloured background without loosing the intensity of the white. Fussy cutting even small images is worth the effort, I don't really like the white border you get from matching dies, when available, and it doesn't cost as much either! I do like to use die cut letters and numbers though!
On my slightly shimmery cream card base, I stamped the image again and then glued the fussy cut cake on top. I did this because I wanted to retain the fine spray above the large bloom but not have to fussy cut it! A bit of a cheat I know, but the overall effect is worth it.
Using a 1 and 5 cut from white card and the plate die, I repeated the cut with two more black numerals, which I then layered up and adhered to the largest tier. The sentiment from the same set was stamped in black and embossed with clear EP to complete.
For more inspiration from the team and for all Ts and Cs checkout the STAMPlorations blog here, then why not join us?

Joining in over at:-

Use a stamped image

Favourite way to cut your image

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and your fussy cutitng really adds to the design. I see what you mean about the spray - I think you did enough cutting to let that go lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super CAS creation, the flowers and leaves really pop against the white., great fussy cutting too. Thank you for joining our 'Stamped Image' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous CAS card and love the colour of your flowers against the white and cream. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Julie and your fussy cutting is spot on. Always great to see you at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)