Tuesday 9 March 2021

Oliver on his Gameboy

Good morning, hope I find you well. It's time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz where we would like you to create a masculine card for-

A TEENAGER

My eldest grandson is just heading towards leaving primary school, so I have a couple of years to wait until he's officially a teenager but the image I used here fits him to a T already!


This image is another fab one from LOTV, featuring teen Oliver, this time on his Game Boy.

The background DP is from a NitWits collection which I glued straight onto an A6 top fold note card. I coloured the image of Oliver with Copic markers, taking my cue for the colours from the NitWits paper at the bottom of the design. When finished, I fussy cut him and added him on pads to a die cut linen effect panel. The texture is subtle but adds just enough interest to this CAS card. I used an Avery Elle die to cut the panel which I glued over the NitWits DP on some fun foam for dimension.
The sentiment is one of the fab set called Birthday Wishes from Uniko. I didn't add an age to the card but you could easily add one later using a couple of die cut numerals.

Talking of numbers, my youngest grandson is just learning his numbers and was proudly showing off to us over Facetime last weekend. He's changed such a lot since we last met up, hopefully it wont be too long before we can meet up again.

So, what ideas have you got? The DT would love to see your take on the challenge in the gallery over the next two weeks, check them out here for more teen inspiration.

Joining in over at:-

  
no topping this time                                                           

                   
Our first batch of lambs arrived back from the lambing sheds on Sunday to join the ewe that couldn't wait to have her lambs, so never left! It was a bit of a rugby scrum when they arrived, 12 ewes and 20 lambs all trying to find one another! Here are one lamb and three of the mums, the rest were rather camera shy!
         
  

Most of the lambs are in a ruck behind these four ewes.

14 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card...the image, the coloring, the sketch!! Perfect for my gaming son!! Way to go inspiring others as our new challenge goes live today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep they're all into computers and gaming! Fab design and use of patterned paper. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card for a teenager. Colouring superb and love you went with the colours of the dp but the best part is how you used the linen card in the way you did-it so looks like a desk-such a creative design. So good to see the lambs and ewes. Thanks for celebrating with us at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, very B that card! Cute lamb shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw wat een schitterende kaart
    Leuk de foto's met de lammetjes
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to comment, first on this fabulous card. I looked up these DIGI stamps and I so admire your use and coloring of this image. Just perfect for a guy card! I was also very intrigued about the lambs and loved the photos! It's nice having a peek into your farm and life. Thanks for sharing, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing both your creative life and your real life! Please keep both coming! As for your terrific card! That image sure is the epitome of a teenager or soon to be! Your coloring is top notch! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for a teenager, or nearly teenager! Love how you've used the DP and the texture on the base, and thakyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lambing time and being in New Zealand there are ALOT of lambs to see and hear in Spring. Your card is one of the best one's I've ever seen for a teenage boy..its perfect! My son is 14yrs old and he's stuck to his PS5/gaming PC 24/7, so this would be so good for him. Your colouring of the image is stunning and your choice of patterned paper matches it perfectly. It truly is an incredible card and I'm so very, very happy you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the soft color scheme of this card and your coloring looks amazing! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oliver is very much a glimpse into the life of a teenage boy. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect card for a boy and beautiful coloring! I also love the layout of your card! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats for getting honours at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect card for a teenager! I love the design and your coloring is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at AAA Birthday. Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)