Monday 1 March 2021

Color Hues #13

Afternoon folks.
A new month so it's a new challenge over at Color Hues.
We've had a few dry days here with blue skies and sunshine for part of the day, just so lovely to feel the sun on your face when outside. I also noticed a few signs of yellow in the long grass by the house where I planted some early dwarf daffs, so I think it's appropriate to go with the theme of blue skies and yellow daffodils for the new challenge.




I saw the latest challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches and thought it was time to bring out an old favourite from STAMPlorations, Boxed Blooms - Daffodil, perfect for their sketch. 
So I simply stamped the image and heat embossed with white EP before colouring with DI in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Salty Ocean in a watercolour style.
After cutting the boxed bloom out using an MFT pierced square die, I mounted it on a scrap of daffodil yellow card from the stash. My strip of blue was a failed NitWits paper from the printer which I went over with Salty Ocean and then stamped some pattern with a Uniko graffiti block stamp in more Salty Ocean. Not sure what's wrong with my printer but this blue and yellow NitWits DP looked as though part of the printing was missing, so waste not want not!
On some linen effect card I cut a couple of panels, stamping the sentiment from Uniko Spring Botanicals- Tulip, along the bottom right of the largest and popped it over the blue stamped and inked DP with foam and then added the smaller one on foam as well. My finished panel was then added to a matching linen effect base card.

So where will these colours take you? You haven't disappointed us yet so we're hoping for a fab array in our gallery!
Don't forget to check out the rest of the team here for more yellow and blue inspiration.

I'm joining in over at:-





14 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Love that daffodil. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very spring like! Lovely to feel the sun on your face isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daffodil is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you tilted the square of the sketch. I have a vase of daffodils on the kitchen table, compliments of the grocery store. However, we did discover that the daffodils in the backyard have poked through. I'm sure today's weather made them wish they'd stayed under ground--high winds, dropping temperatures, and more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, Julie! I love the daffodil spotlit in the diamond shape. And what a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for adding this to the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and such a wonderful Spring-look! I'm just about to head into autumn so I'll no doubt be looking forward to daffodils in a few months... Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a gorgeous daffodil. I love your middle strip too. I can hardly wait for spring! Thank you for joining in our sketch challenge this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This as just as gorgeous as can be Julie! I pray you left your other card whole and this is a new one! Love your smart and clever layout and your coloring is pure perfection! I can see why that daffodil is one of your favs! You have inspired me to do some embossed watercoloring today! Stay tuned! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Julie - I adore the daffodil and your colouring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely spring card this is. Our daffs are up and some have been battered by the winds of last week so I have a nice little vase on the kitchen table. Our crocuses have been devoured by the rabbits but the Muscari are looking okay at the moment!! The ponies have also been going out naked, and coming in filthy, but it means their coats come out easier. Hope you are doing okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Julie! I love the way you cropped the daffodil down to its head and the colouring is perfect. Love the way the sentiment fits nicely in that gap too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous, Julie! Your inspiration of blue sky and daffodils brought really fresh hues and a delightful layout! Your coloring is perfecting and it looks exquisite with lots of white in the background. I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie, A beautiful card, I love the colouring of the daffodil, a wonderfull welcome to spring. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Happy Little Stampers. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card design..
    Thank you for joining us at Happy little stampers Water colour challenge, DT Swapna
    Be safe and get crafty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)