Friday 17 July 2020

Uniko Challenge

Morning all.
The months are whizzing by, mid summer has gone and we are heading towards high summer.
It's time for a brand new challenge over at Uniko.

Here is my inspiration for you based on our new theme.




My garden is just coming to it's full glory, the plants after having a hard time during a very dry April, have relished the rain of recent weeks and are lush and full of promise. The soft muted colours of Spring are slowly making way for the vibrant ones of high summer.
Last autumn I decided to create a new herbaceous border out of a rather tatty piece of lawn against the neighbours fence. The grass was marked out with a hosepipe and then the OH sprayed it off, I slowly dug over the new bed due to a rather wet winter and added some lawn edging, before planting my small nursery of plants that I had accumulated from garden visits, seeds and a bargain bucket at a favourite garden center, most of which are now flourishing. One of my favourite plants are the Hemerocallis lilies, I've never grown them before but I love their bright colours.
So when I saw the theme, I just had to use the Pure Florals Lily stamp set.

I chose a bright blue base card to reflect the sky on a hot summer day and the bright pinky orange colours of my new lilies.
To start, I stamped the large lily bloom with Altenew Morning Frost onto Mixed Media paper, using their Maple Yellow and Coral Blush inks to watercolour in a no line technique. Detail was added with my Zig watercolour pens before fussy cutting the lily.
On a strip of black card I stamped the greeting from Pure Florals-Peony and heat embossed it with gold EP. The gold 'Sending' die cut was threaded with the black strip and then glued down under the bloom which was added with foam pads.

OK, that's all from me for the mo but please check out the rest of the team and our wonderful GD Anrushee for more inspiration here.

Joining in over at:-

For your blog
Anything but white



   Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
                                                   In the Garden

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lily stamp, a beautiful creation. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely background and image, great colours too. Thank you for joining our 'Garden' challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lily is beautiful! I have a few like that in my garden right now, too. Gorgeous colouring. And I get to thank you for linking up at both Seize the Birthday and Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how beautiful
    Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully coloured lily, Julie! (Are we ever going to see a sky anywhere near that blue again this year?)
    Thanks for playing along with our non-neutral card base theme at Seize The Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)