Tuesday 2 July 2019

Sunshine and Smiles

Well the year is running away, it's half way to 2020 already!
The summer here has so far been a bit on the damp squib side but the temps over the weekend were more like it! There has even been talk of cutting hay. We finally got the water tank up and lined so that's going to be the signal for a drought!!
Anyway, its July and time for a new challenge at HLS CAS. Here's my inspiration for you.


Can you guess the theme or have you come from the HLS blog? Well it's -



Now my first thought was die cuts but then I remembered this technique I found whilst trawling YouTube when I was incapacitated.
Instead of colouring the stamped image you colour the space around it leaving the negative space,
Jennifer McGuire calls it Negative Space Colouring.

I took the outline stamp from Uniko's Pure Florals Gerbera and stamped it with Versamark in the corner of a small square of white card, stamping it again on to a Post-It with black ink and fussy cutting it to create a mask.
After stamping in Versamark, I used WOW Gold Pearl EP to heat emboss and then used my mask so I could blend the background. I used three DOx colours, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple and Fossilised Amber. Removing the mask reveals a pure white outline image, unless your mask wasn't accurate then a spot of white gel pen will cover up!
The coloured panel was mounted on foam then onto a white square scalloped die cut and added to a white base card. The sentiment from Mama Elephant stamped in Altenew's Lava Rock completes.

For more fab inspiration, check out the rest of the team here

Joining in over at:-


diagonal -die-cut, yellow, florals

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colors and the flower it gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lovely card screams summer Julie, perfect sunset colours that really make the white "pop". What a great image too. We haven't made any hay this year as we are full with liveries. We have a lovely supplier, so have some booked "off the field". We have had some glorious days, funny really that only a few weeks ago we put the central heating on as it was so wet and cold!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this month's challenge, the colours really make the flower pop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your negative space colouring and such a very different idea to the die cuts! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Julie. I've used this technique before for a stencilled background but never a solid blend, your colour blend is seamless x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic ink blending Julie. Thanks for playing with this months theme at AAA Birthday. Pip DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Great technique and you have colored it so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a different approach to the topic of the challenge, so innovative! Beautiful CAS card, I love summer colors in combination with gold embossing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! Love the way you kept the flower white and used bright colors for background.So unique.Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)