Tuesday 16 July 2019

Country Boy At Heart

Good morning all.
We're heading quickly to the school holidays here in the UK. Hopefully the weather will be kind for my daughter and family, nothing worse than rain and two kids to occupy!
Anyway after a hectic 9th birthday party for my Grandson on Saturday I finally got some time to make this card for the latest challenge over at Cardz4Guyz -

TRANSPORT

Here is my card.


I know you're laughing at a tractor as a form of transport but in this neck of the woods they are as common as a Cheshire tractor, 4 x 4 that is. There is even an elderly guy who uses the lane to go into town on his tractor with his sheepdog in a transport box attached to the rear!

I bought this Woodware stamp set awhile ago to make a card for the OH but didn't use it in the end, perhaps I will use this for this years birthday! I did use his tractor as an example for the colouring as well as the colours at Paper Players!
The layout is CAS(e) this  Sketch, tractor stamped and coloured with Copics before fussy cutting it and placing it over a couple of scraps of NitWits DP on a die cut panel from the stash. I popped the finished panel up on pads over an A5 base card, slipping the stamped sentiment under the rear tyre.
So for more transport inspiration check out the rest of the DT here, then why not join in?

Joining in over at:-

      

Grab our logo
CAS

6 comments:

  1. That's a normal sight here as well Julie - and many of our roads are single track! Great card, thanks so sharing at Allsorts his week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, common mode of transport here as well. That is a mighty fine Ford, ours is older than me a 1964 Ford 4000 affectionately known as Betsy!! A great card Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it. In my neck of the woods, John Deere green is popular, but I always associate blue with Ford tractors! And although my dad was a Ford man, he always had Massey Harris red tractors! No matter, it is an AWESOME card and I love every bit of it! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up on a farm in IN so, your card makes me smile! I usually think of tractors as John Deere green, too, but this blue one is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue tractor is fabulous - I know many a farmer who would be thrilled to receive this card! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this country scene that you've created Jules. That tractor is so cool! Fabulous colouring!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)