Friday 19 July 2019

Clouds of Cosmos

Good morning folks.
There's a brand new challenge starting over at Uniko and here is my inspiration for you.


You might be able to guess what the theme is this time -



My inspiration is a little bit literal bearing in mind the photo above!
I chose the Pure Florals Cosmos stamp to create my little scene, masking and stamping to get the mass effect. I then coloured them with a mixture of DI and Zig watercolor pens quite loosley, before fussy cutting the arrangement and adding it to my Brusho coloured panel on foam pads. The vibrant turquoise I used for the sky contrasts with the soft pink of the cosmos blooms and the green at the bottom suggests the foliage and grass. I simply sprinkled the crystals onto some MM paper and spritzed with water, then allowed it to dry and cut my panel with a stitched rectangle die.
To finish I added the sentiment from the same set stamped on a strip of matching card.

I love Cosmos and have them growing in the garden, they go on and on producing their dainty blooms amongst the ferny foliage all summer long. Last year they were a bit like Quatermas, as they grew to be over 4ft in places but after checking the seed packet I realised that they were just a tall variety, so ensured that I went for a dwarf version this year!

Check out the rest of the team here for more flowery inspiration.


Take It, Make It Challenge

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog    Please grab our logo
Summer Colours                                       Earth Laughs in Flowers

8 comments:

  1. I really like the contrast between the pink flowers and the blue sky background, great shading too. Thank you for joining us in our 'The Earth Laughs In Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful flowers in a gorgeous colour and super fussy cutting. Thank you for joining our 'Summer Colours' theme at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, your little flower garden looks so pretty and I love the inky background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely floral and Summery creation, it's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations July challenges, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful Julie. The colours go amazingly well and like Brenda says so summery too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this gorgeous splash of colour Julie. Perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cosmos Jules! And I love the grass and sky behind them. So pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)