Tuesday 19 June 2018

A little birdie told me, it's your birthday!

Morning peeps.
Gosh the days are whizzing by and tomorrow is the longest day so it's all downhill from there towards Christmas, sorry but it had to be said ;)!
Anyway it's time for a new challenge at ATSM and here is my card for your inspiration.


Our theme this week is -


So any project that involves mark making, colouring, stamping or perhaps stencilling.

I've made this for a previous neighbour who is an Owls fan, no I didn't get the capital letter in there wrong, she is a footy fan and supports Sheffield Wednesday FC. For many years, since I moved away, I've made here an Owls themed birthday and Christmas cards in Wednesday's colours of blue and white. Yellow happens to be their away colour so I think I can get away with that too. So when I saw the theme at The Paper Players and the pic at The Card Concept, I thought I would get in early, lest I forget!
The stamps were magazine freebies, from different sets but I think work well together. The inside says It's your Birthday, Many Happy Returns.
The background of softly blended DI  Blueprint Sketch and Salty Ocean was laid down before the fussy cut owl was attached with foam pads. I coloured him using Copic markers.
OK, that's about it from me, please check out the rest of the team here and Make Your Mark with us this week.

Joining in over at:-

   

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie, how sweet it is?!!! Love that cute Owl and blue is very fresh and goes wonderfully with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it's never been a year since the last Owls Birthday card...surely not!!? It's really brilliant Julie and the blended background is perfect. It makes me smile that it's country folk that recognise the longest and shortest days. We had the mowers in today to cut some hay for us. We don't usually get the opportunity to make any for ourselves but an abundance of grass has meant that we were able to save a couple of acres. I will be praying that it stays dry now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owl is so cute Jules and I love the soft blended background. Yikes, I had forgotten about the longest day coming round already!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO sweet! I love that fun sentiment too.Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players, so happy you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a 'cool' owl you have here Julie. Just love him and the bright colours. Love the sponged background. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you have to remind me of snow :-) I love your wonderful little owl and the background you created for him. Love the bold colors, too. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an owl fan too, Julie, of the small 'o' kind. This one is darling with his winking eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Julie that is simply too cute and so gorgeously coloured too! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simplicity and beauty of this card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. That owl is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)