Monday 25 June 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch meets Altenew

Good morning all.
The sun is beating down already so the curtains are closed to try to keep the house a little cooler, mind you the tiled floors and 18 inch thick walls help too!
The grass is cut in the field so hay making is on the way after last years paltry offering, it was the first year we hadn't made any, the grass was cut thrown out then baled and wrapped before the rain ruined it completely. 
Yesterday was just as hot and sunny as will the rest of the week and possibly next too, so I hid in the cool and had a play at midday! Here's the result.


A simple olc with a vellum banner greeting. My normal photo spot had too many harsh shadows for taking a pic so it was off outside to get one instead.

I used the layout at CAS(e) this Sketch and the colours at Altenew. The colours for the large Painted flowers was Memento, Elderberry, Sweet Plum and Lulu Lavender with the first outing for my Altenew cubes of Olive and Bamboo stamped onto a linen effect base card. The tiny blooms were coloured with Zig markers. I Stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of vellum from the bits box, then embossed with white EP before cutting with a die from MFT's Blueprints 27.

OK, that's about it for today, see you back soon.

Joining in over at:-

  


   

6 comments:

  1. Love the purple flowers and such a pretty CAS. Great job and thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty CAS card, love the weaved card stock you have used and the very pretty flower stamp and colouring. So very eye catching. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Jules and I love how you have showcased it on the lawn which, I have to say, is looking beautifully lush. Ours is extremely thirsty as are the now yellow paddocks where we made hay. Hope your haymaking went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so super duper pretty and elegant Julie CAS brilliance as ever. I'm loving your background photo too! What a perfect setting!! Thanks for playing at Less is More x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, Julie ! Love everything, the sketch, the colours, the sentiment on the vellum...it makes such a delicate card ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colours are so pretty, Julie, and I love the textured base. I really must use more textured cardstock for my one layers. Love the softness of the vellum sentiment too. Gorgeous setting for your pic too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)