Thursday 5 November 2015

Hippy Chick

Good morning folks.
This week has been dreadful over here in Blighty. I know it's the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness but it's getting a bit depressing now, but I'm looking forward to some clear crisp days!
Anyway its time for a new challenge at Cardz4Galz.
For our theme this week we would like to see your projects for -

A TEENAGE GIRL

My offspring and rellies are either too old or too young to come into that category so I struggled to find a suitable image. Just as I was contemplating buying a digi I remembered a stamp from a long time ago I found in a bargain bin and has only been inked up once before to my knowledge! Don't know why because when I'd finished I quite liked the end result.


I used one of Sketch Saturday's sketches and the colours at Copic Norge for this project. The central white panel was embossed using a knit effect EF I bought awhile ago that went with the pattern on her trousers and the DP is a strip of scrap from NitWits that was in my bit's box. The image was stamped then coloured with Copics to match the DP, then fuzzy cut. I had to extend the width of the horizontal mount as the DP was a little too narrow but to soften the impact, I cut a zigzag edge with a strip die. The Happy Birthday is stamped on another scrap of matching paper using a MFT banner die and I die cut the numbers in white then coloured with Copics to match



OK, that's about it from me, please check out the rest of the DT's fab projects here and join us, we'd love to see you.

I'm joining in over at:-

   

Grab our Badge    Copic Marker Norway
U is for Unlimited                          Autumn Colours photo

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I love that stamp Julie and the EF too, great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Julie, great heathery colours and a lovely stamp. It's pouring down in Dorset and I have just donned the head to toe waterproof gear to answer Surprises plea " bring me in Mum...NOW!!" xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design, Jules - great stamped image and I love the embossing behind her.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image, love the embossing folder absolutely fabulous card, and interpretation For a Teenage Girl...
    Hugs
    Babs..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the image and the colours and the textured background, all fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card for a teenager! Love your image and the colours you're chosen! Thank you for joining us at CopicMarkerNorge!

    Hugs, DT member Hege

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully coloured and fussy cut image on a super embossed background. I haven’t been able to play along with our sketches for a few weeks now but I’m delighted you joined in with my teamies at Sketch Saturday this week with this lovely card. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)