Sunday 8 September 2013

My oldest friend

Good afternoon. The whirlwind that is little Ben has blown up the motorway and peace is restored. Well almost, as my husband is pointing the front of the house and I can hear a lot of scraping and tapping. I'm sat in the kitchen listening to Radio 2, waiting for Festival in a day to come on. My niece is playing on the BBC introducing stage with her band Screaming Maldini. Quite exciting, even Terry Wogan is intrigued by the name of the group.

Anyway, it's my oldest friend's birthday soon. We have known each other for nearly 50 years, since we sat next to each other at school. Ali has just built her own house with help from her husband, her very own "Escape to the Country". Her smallest room has a beach theme so, inspired by this and our recent holiday to Nefyn in Wales, I created this card for her.


The little girls are Molly Bloom stamps, but I drew the beach huts freehand based on the one we used on holiday.
Not sure about the colours, I think I should have used some more girly ones but I didn't want to make it too fussy by using too many. The background was done using a cloud mask and Tim Holtz distressing ink, broken china.The sea and foreground sand is torn bazzil card highlighted with a Sakura white gel pen.
 Well thanks for popping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)