Saturday 21 September 2013

50th Birthday

Good evening fellow crafters. What a simply glorious day its been. We have been out in the sunshine picking sloes. Unfortunately not for making sloe gin! We sell them to a tree nursery who grow them on to sell as hedging plants. Apparently our hedges contain native grown trees, so are in demand. Good job they only want sloes this year and not hawthorn as I hate picking them.
Anyway I managed to complete this card for my daughters friend's 50th before dinner. 


I think I will enter it in the Crafty little fairies numbered birthday challenge. 
The stamp is a do-crafts one from a long while back, as are the cupcakes. Nich's friend is really into her baking so the theme was spot on. I made the background using acrylic paint which was then heat embossed with little cupcakes in white. The tag is from Crafters companion's Die'sire range which was stamped like the Spellbinders nestie with versamark and the same small stamps. Ribbon from the infamous stash. (It now fills a medium sized storage box!) The twiddly bits in the two right hand corners is the free Christmas tree die from his months Simply Cards and Papercrafts, which I cut the trunk off, cut in two and mounted under the nestie die cut. The numbers were from an Ellison die set, Block Party, which I cut in white then edged with Tim Holtz Milled Lavender distress ink. The cherries on the buns were hi-lighted with a spot of Glossy Accents.

Well thats all folks. I must bring what's left of the washing after a neighbour rescued the rest when the new line sagged and dragged the washing on the floor again!
Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)