Sunday 29 September 2013

One for the boys

Afternoon all. I have two cards today because I didn't get around to posting yesterday because 'Strictly' is back. I managed to see half of last nights episode before my hubbie came in, he's not what you would call a fan! Not sure who will win this year, but there are a couple who look good after their first outing. I will reserve judgement until I've seen their second dances.

Anyway back to craft. Here is the card I made for the Sketch Saturday Challenge. I thought about adding embellishments but decided to leave it plain. The Magnolia stamp is so gorgeous without.


I've had the stamp for awhile, one of my bargain bucket buys, and not had chance to use it until now. I used Copics to colour her and some papers from my stash. Then I double mounted her using some pale gold card I had left from another project, I don't throw anything away, and a white mount made using a Stampin up edge and corner punch. I always struggle to get this right, this was my third attempt. Anyone any tips? The ribbon is from the infamous stash. I think I will be entering it for the Allsorts Challenge, How does your garden grow, as well.
How do you lot store your ribbons? Mine are in a large plastic storage box and some food storage boxes. They are always coming unrolled!

Now for today's card.


This is for the Ribbon Girls Magnolia Challenge 'Here comes the boys'. I don't have many boy stamps from Magnolia but although this is an oldie it fits the bill. The card blank is in the form of a tag which I stamped in Versamark with a Kaisercraft music stamp. The stars I did the same but used snowflakes. I edged all the blue pieces in Faded Jean distressed ink. The stars I hi lighted with silver glitter and a white Sakura pen and mounted on foam pads. The carol singer I coloured using Copics, mounting him on pads also. The bow at the top reduced my ribbon stash and I used jute string from the hardware shop in the market. Haven't a clue where the button came from, except its from a large collection.

Well the sun is still shining and a friend has just dropped off some apples for us as well as some fresh free range eggs. I've just caught the dog with a bit of fur which must have been left by a local fox. That dog will eat anything given half a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Julie, love the colors and coloring. Wonderful papers too. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two nice projects Julie - thanks so much for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)