Saturday 17 February 2018

Uniko Stencil Saturday

Hi and welcome to a post that I have been dying to share for a few weeks now.
I was approached earlier in the year to join the brand new stencil design team over at Uniko and just jumped at the idea. I love the stamps that Bev has brought out and working with the new stencils alongside the rest of the Uniko team was a no brainer.

For those who haven't been here before, you'll get an idea of my style and what to expect by checking out these posts on my blog, here and here.

For my first official post with Uniko, I decided to use the fab Pure Florals: Rose Pure Florals: Gerbera stamps and three of the stencils, Broken Lines, Lattice and Wonky Stripes, but showing two different styles.

Here's my first card.


This sums me up perfectly I think, clear, crisp, with nothing much added but a lot of different techniques!
I got my Dream Weaver standard embossing paste out for this and added some through the Wonky Stripes stencil onto a panel of white card, not being particularly neat about it. Just between you and me, I tried to be neat and tidy but it looked wrong, I got some bleed under the stencil and it didn't really show up against the white base.
The small outline rose and leaf were stamped and embossed with white EP, before washing in some colour using my Zig pens for the bloom and leaves.
A frame, die cut from silver textured card, was cut using a Spellbinders ornate frame and a simple square dies, the sentiment from the Gerbera set was stamped on a strip of black card, then embossed with more white EP and slipped under the bloom. The final panel was assembled then added to a plain white base card.

My second card uses the same rose set and two stencils but has a totally different look.


For this I was influenced by this card, which I saw awhile ago on Pinterest and thought I could use as inspiration. I loved the contrast with the slightly grungy background and the monochromatic blooms.
The roses this time were stamped in black Momento then shaded with Copic pens, C10, C7, C5, C3, C2 and the blender pen, before fussy cutting them out. 
My background panel was created by inking with two DIs, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire.
I then placed the Lattice stencil over and spritzed it with water, dabbing the excess away, leaving the water to bleach away the DI exposed. I wasn't too bothered about a crisp look so it didn't matter if the water bled under the stencil. After a few minutes I removed the stencil and dabbed the panel with a piece of kitchen roll to remove the water and ink, then added some more of the Chipped Sapphire through the stencil towards the edges and some splats of watered down white emulsion paint. You know the stuff you get in tester pots from the DIY store, it makes a fab substitute for acrylic paint! Some of the splashes take on a blue hue as the water reacts with the DI. I really should have stopped there but went on to add some Black Soot DI around the edges and over the dry panel using the Broken Lines stencil. The fussy cut roses were arranged to create a pleasing bouquet and then I added a black with white embossing sentiment strip. My trimmed panel was placed on a white base card, voila!

So that's it for my first official Uniko post, I can't wait to start work with the rest of the fab team over at Uniko. Thanks Bev for the opportunity to be on the DT. Hoping for a long and fruitful collaboration with fellow stencil DT members Sarah G, Linda and Wiebke, as well as the rest of the girls at Uniko.
Hope you've been inspired to look at stencils in a new way!

Joining in over at:-

  
As You Like It Challenge

Favourite way to add a Sentiment & WHY

Using a stamped banner to add a sentiment allows you to make the odd mistake and not ruin a card, I've had too many last minute boobs, even if I do now have a MISTI to help overcome that!

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
                                                                                                     Love hearts and Flowers

30 comments:

  1. Love the stenciling on borh, and the roses look.fabulous. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie - two fabulous cards with great use of stencils and stamps!
    Hugs, Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie your cards are stunning. What an honour to be asked to your the Design Team congratulations. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really showcased the versatility by making two such different designs with the same stamp and stencil. And both are gorgeous
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making the DT! Your cards are fabulous! I especially adore the first one with the frame - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh loving the unusual dark colours with your second card - fabulous to have you on board x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and backgrounds with the stencils are inspiring. Thank you! Congrats on joining the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Welcome to the team Julie. I absolutely love that second card with the grungy background. Awesome work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Uniko Jule, and WOW! Talk about making an impressive debut with your stencil/stamp showcases! Your roses are absolutely stunning paired with the elements/techniques you've chosen Looking forward to learning more and diverse ways to marry stencils and stamps from you. Thank you, too, for sharing your first in the Inkspirational gallery; talk about an eye-catching head-turner!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your spot on the Uniko Stencil DT! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the design team spot! Can’t wait to see your future creations, your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Julie, I love how you've used the stencils, especially the second one. Those roses look amazing.
    So happy to be working alongside you ...... enjoy the weekend teamie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards and both so different. Congrats on your DT post...look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so pleased for you Julie, your style will certainly showcase the Uniko stencils perfectly and I look forward to seeing what else you get up to!! Saying that, you have made a brilliant start with this gorgeous trio!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops...forgot to thank you for joining in at AYLI...good luck!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both absolutely gorgeous, Julie! Love the texture on your first card and the fabulous drama and grunginess of your second card. Those roses look amazing teamed with the stencilled backgrounds. I am so pleased to be on the stencil DT with you x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards. Love that dark background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards and congrats on being on the stencil design team.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing how one stamp can create so many different looks! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards Julie. And I'm totally swooning over the second, those dark moody colours are amazing. I know you're showcasing Uniko stencils but your use of the rose stamps is so gorgeous, different and totally brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, gorgeous card, Julie. My favorite is the first one with the bright colours. Love it. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning cards, both are beautiful and so totally different. Love the turquoise on the 1st and the fab inked background on the 2nd :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome to the DT. I love your
    cards - the shades of blue with
    the muted colors of the rose is
    beautiful. The frame on the
    first card is fantastic. Looking
    forward to the coming year.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Beautiful creations!! Love the second one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two beauties - love the drama of the second one. Congrats on your DT spot at Uniko. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two pretty cards, love the texture on the first one and the colours on the secon one. Both flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very welcome in the team Julie ! And WOW, you start with two stunning cards ! I'm totally in love with your second card, OMG it is so gorgeous ! I'm so happy to work alongside you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. both cards are so pretty featuring a beautiful image yet both are so different! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  29. The blue background is so gorgeous!! The flowers are perfect too. Thank you for entering this stunning card over at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)