Tuesday 13 February 2018

If music be the food of love..

..give me excess of it, so that surfeiting the appetite may sicken and so die.
That's about all I remember about Shakespeare's Twelfth Night other than a very embarrassing incident in the gent's loo at the old Leeds Playhouse in the early 70's, but enough said about that!
Anyway back to the present, and we have a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz and you may have been wondering what the last paragraph was all about. Well our theme for this fortnight is -

L is for .....

Well as tomorrow is Valentine's day then it must be love but you could choose, lego, lions, light or whatever you want, so long as it starts with the letter L.
Here's mine.


I decided to use my brand new CAS-ual Friday goodies which I bought with my voucher for winning with this card plus a little bit of homemade felt and freehand stave.
Using a snowdrift die I drew the five lines of the stave then added a black die cut treble clef cut using my CAS-ual Friday's die, then a selection of small hearts from the CAS-ual Fridays strip die. I have some needle felting bits and bobs, so I used a practice piece to cut a heart using the clef die and added it to the black original. The small hearts were cut from the same scrap of w/c paper coloured with Brusho which I used for this card, arranging them over the stave. I finished by stamping this fab sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays.

For move 'L' inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-


Felt, and my choice of diecut

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving us hanging.....go on, spill!! This is a lovely card and the little felted heart is a sweet touch. I am felting a dog at the moment, I found a beginner's kit on the 'net and am having a go!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and great choice! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a heavenly card Jules! Loving the sweeping, flowing lines of the music stave and that sentiment is gorgeous. The pop of red hearts really lifts the design too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, Julie. So clever of you to use a drift die to draw your stave. Love the felt hearts and I agree it’s a fabulous sentiment. I have this set and have yet to use it. Great inspiration. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different die, but great minds, Jules! And we are right next to each other in LIM gallery! Love your design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful CAS card Julie, love the sentiment and the little red hearts add that pop of colour :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your song of love, Jules! Love those heart notes! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful design Jules! Love your sweet LOVE card. :) The felt heart is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your heart 'notes' on the music stamping Jules - and your sentiment is perfect with this image! A beautiful use of felt! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. Just perfect! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! The red hearts are so eye catching and I love the clean, crisp design. I'm intrigued by your mention of the gents in the Playhouse, ha ha! Thanks for sharing your inspiring card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red felt hearts onto the Musical stamp. The love song comes alive :D
    Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)