Sunday 25 October 2015

To a special fiend

Afternoon folks.
I'm a bit at sixes and sevens today as the clock's went back last night and I can't work out what time it really is!
Anyway I'm popping by to post a card for a couple of challenges, having grabbed a little time in the craftroom.


I made this after seeing the challenge at CASology and Less is More. I've had the idea for my CASology entry since I saw the cue word on Wednesday but hadn't had time to play along but then I saw the sketch at LIM and it all came together. I did flip the sketch hope that's OK.


I made the zombie by sticking two googly eyes from my stash on the base card then tearing strips of copy paper to look like bandages then sticking them down, torn edges showing. I curled back the strips around the eyes to let them poke through.
The sentiment was the tricky bit but using a LOTV sentiment I stamped 'To a Special F' then masked off that section plus the r and stamped iend' = Fiend! The Happy Birthday is from the same set. Very quick once it came together.

So I'm linking up to the challenges at :-

   "Less is More"

Thanks for stopping by. :)

9 comments:

  1. Now, this is a brilliant idea. I just love it. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really had me chuckling Julie, it's an absolute cracker!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant!! I have a few fiends that this card would suit!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a witty take on our sketch Julie, really fun!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so cute and adorable Julie but super duper clever also.
    Perfect take on the sketch and an awesome challenge combo. thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your zombie mummy is fantastic! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is genius. LOVE this, Julie!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very clever, fun and very creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, I salute you, such a clever design, love it!
    Sorry for the late visit!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)