Tuesday 11 July 2023

Christmas in July with Uniko

Morning all. 
It was my turn to choose a theme at Cardz4Guyz, so decided it was time to give my Christmas makes a kick start with the new challenge. 

CHRISTMAS in JULY

Here's my take using a stencil from Uniko called MOD Background Builder Circles.


I created this graphic looking Christmas tree using the stencil and a tip I saw on Jennifer McGuire's You Tube channel. Taking an A6 panel of white card, I placed the stencil on it so that the 4 units of the middle section created my bottom tier, leaving enough room for a sentiment. Then, using a mask created by cutting a small square from some scrap acetate, I went ahead and inked the elements in, moving the mask and stencil as I went. The inks I used were the 3 darkest of the Altenew Tropical Forest set and also their Evergreen ink pad. Once complete, I moved on to the next row and so on until I got to the top where I used the extra elements found on the edge of the stencil.
The sentiment, Christmas Sentiments, was stamped and embossed with gold EP and a few red punched foil circles complete.
I'm also up on the Uniko blog with another idea for a Mid Century style Christmas tree as part of their Christmas in July.


However, if that's not your bag, how about checking out the rest of the team for some masculine Christmas ideas here. See you in the gallery!

Joining in over at:-

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I just love your geometric tree!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our “Christmas in July” challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brilliant design Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful graphic Christmas Tree you created here with your stenciling Jules! Beautiful colors used and wonderful overall effect! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Christmas in July! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)