Sunday 16 July 2023

Color Hues #68

Afternoon all, time for a new colour combo from Color Hues.
As you read this I will be enjoying a matinee performance at the Lowry in Salford, curtesy of my daughter. She bought me tickets for The Anton and Gio tour, Du Beke and Pernicci that is, two of the mainstays of Strictly Come Dancing! I will let you know how it went later!!
So in good Blue Peter style, here is one I made earlier!


 
Now this is a for fun challenge so don't get hung up about the colours here, my card uses Altenew's Cosmic Berry for the bloom and Olive for the leaves, see how it works?! Never seen a 'Cosmic' berry but the colour reminds me of crushed blackberries or bilberries. I used to go bilberry picking with my dad and younger sister up on the moors above Sheffield when I was young, my fingers were pretty well stained this colour by the time we got them home for my mum to bake a pie! Anyway I digress, just use what inks you have that are the closest.

I took inspiration for my card from the challenge over at The Flower Challenge where it's CAS this month. Using the bloom from Altenew's Fantasy Floral and the leaves from Garden Picks I die cut each element from white card that I'd dragged ink across, I'd seen Therese Calvird do it over on You Tube. It struck me as a great way to get shades of the same colour, but with some added texture. Usually I colour white die cuts with Copic marker, as despite the drawers of card, I never seem to have the right colours!! I did go over the solid flower layer and the detailed leaf die cuts a few times before layering up, to get a darker colour.

The simple layout was completed with a strip of Washi tape and a sentiment from Uniko.
So where will these colours take you? The rest have the DT and our GD have some fab inspiration if you need it. Join in and you too could be guesting with us in a few weeks time!

Joining in over at:-


edit 16/7 - Well I'm back and I have to say the afternoon went by in an instant. Fabulous dancers to back up the stars of the show. Great to spend some time with my daughter too, thanks Nichola for the ticket!

13 comments:

  1. Your CAS card is really pretty Julie, and from the photo and post I read on FB I think your day was well enjoyed. Glad to see you out in about with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great description of how you colored the die cut. I've never tried that before, but clearly it's a great technique. I also relied on Cosmic Berry for this challenge--it's been in my collection for a long time, but it might be the first time I've used it. Your CAS design is just delightful--love the Washi tape on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card using the colours of the challenges Jules. Hope you are enjoying the dance performance! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection Julie!! Never thought of swiping color across the die cuts either but I love the way it looks and will definitely have to try that!! Lovely, lovely card my friend and so happy to hear you and your daughter had a wonderful afternoon together...great way to start your week! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your technique gave you a beautiful result, Julie! The bloom is a gorgeous focal point, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I came for your Color Hues card - SOOOO beautiful - but I'm so happy to see this beautiful CAS card in our gallery at The Flower Challenge, too! Thank you!
    Bet you are having a wonderful time - can't wait to hear more... and to add Cosmic Berry to my wishlist at Altenew!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back and watching your shared videos I can't imagine not being totally thrilled by that performance! WOW that Giavonni is a cutie!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the gradient of hues you were able to achieve. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower is gorgeous, Jules! Thanks for sharing this technique! What a great way to add color to a die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful CAS design, Julie and you did a wonderful job using Therese's ink pad technique. I saw that video too and I love seeing another example, especially with that luscious Cosmic Berry! Sounds like you had a fantastic time at the show - what a thoughtful daughter to treat you. And thanks for linking up to TFC as well, I was so happy to see your beautiful card in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at The Flower Challenge :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on the colors, Jules, and how you added the Washi tape! I am going straight to Therese's link and check out how you did the awesome coloring! Thanks for sharing the fun time you and Nichola at the performance! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jules this is such a lovely bloom and the additional washi tape is a great finish! Sorry I took so long to get here, it's been crazy town around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)