Monday 14 February 2022

Faux Cloisonne

Evening folks, Happy Valentine's Day!
Were are half way through the month of February, so it's time for a new challenge at Perfectly CAS.
Here's my take on this month's cue card.



The ladies over at CAS Mix-Up would like to see Faux Cloisonne projects this month so I though that I would use that as my metallic element.

Cloisonne is the art of filling outlines of wire with enamel to decorate items, jewellery, vases etc. usually on a metal base, before firing to create a lasting design.
Think exquisite Faberge eggs, Russian silver, Chinese or Japanese vases and you get the idea.
Here's a cloisonne tea caddy that I found on Google that inspired my panel.


For my Faux Cloisonne, I used gold EP and metallic paints on black card.
The Macintosh Rose panel was stamped with Versamark on black card before heat embossing with gold EP. Once cooled, I added the colour using my metallic paints. Red for the flowers, green for the foliage and blue for the jewelled elements. The rest of the design I filled with a silvery white. Each cell created by the embossing was flooded with paint, just like the real thing!
Once I was happy with the panel, I cut it out and added it to a slimline, black card blank on pads. The sentiment from the same freebie set was stamped to match using gold EP.
So where will you go with our new theme? We'd love to see your takes in our gallery, but don't forget to keep them CAS.
There's more metallic inspiration from the DT over on the Perfectly CAS site.

 I'd like to join in over at:-


Clean and Simple (CAS) with option of Elegance

10 comments:

  1. What a perfect stamp for this technique, Julie! So beautifully colored with the metallic paint! Wow! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card, many thanks for joining in with our CAS/Elegant theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jules. I LOVE your image done in the metallic paints on black. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Faux Cloisonné panel coloured with the Metallic paints, a beautiful slimline card. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, love the gold embossing! What a great technique!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful faux cloisonne gold heat embossed and watercolored with metallic paints image, Julie. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up with your version of faux cloisonne. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and elegant card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you were able to nail another challenge along with ours. This is beautiful Julie! ---- Jules

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)