Wednesday 1 December 2021

STAMPlorations December Challenge

 Good morning. A new month, so a brand new challenge at STAMPLorations Theme and Photo. Here's my take on the new cue card.



Using the theme, I used the single candle stamp from the Kathryn's Big Wishes stamp set and some paper piecing to create this festive array. All the candles were stamped onto a panel of white card and then repeatedly again onto a piece of striped DP I found at the bottom of my Christmas paper box. It was part of a set from over 10yrs ago so no idea of the make but I also had some coordinating plaid from the set left too which I used to back my base card. I quite like the more subtle colours used in the striped paper, including lots of festive elements, Christmas puddings, not used, candy canes and stockings, snowflakes, ornaments, holly as well as plainer stripes. Before adding the paper piecing, I coloured the candle flames with Copic markers.
I started off trying the camouflage technique with the Season's Greetings Phrase Die but didn't like the effect so added a further plain white Season's Greetings over the top. It would have been so much easier and taken a lot less time if I'd decided to do that straight off!!
So that's my take, what's yours? We'd love to see your ideas on the cue picture and theme in the gallery.
For more inspiration, check out the rest of the DT here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)