Tuesday 24 August 2021

The last ever Twofer Challenge

Good morning folks.
It's time for a brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time the theme is:-

THINGS WITH TAILS

Lots to get your teeth into with this, lots of animals, birds or even airplanes would fit the bill but for my card I chose puppy dogs. Do you remember the little rhyme, What are little boys made of? Slugs and snails and puppy dog tails!
I also chose it as the very last Twofer Challenge is to feature a Dog or Cat.
Here's my first card using the MFT set Little Buddies.


I steered away from a simple birthday card and went for a more get well or just a cheer up sort of vibe. If you are a dog person I think the sentiment says it all. 
The puppy on the left was stamped using the mirror technique where you stamp an image onto the back of a larger stamp, then stamp that onto your card. It takes a bit of practise but it's worth the effort. Any missing edges were added back with a black fine liner. 
So after stamping, colouring with Copics and fussy cutting, I arranged the elements onto an A4 panel of DP that I found in my stash. The DOGS part was cut from a scrap of white card using an Altenew alphabet die set and the sentiment below is part of one which came with the set but the You part was masked off before stamping with Versamark and embossing with white EP on black.

As its for the Twofer challenge, I needed another card using the same stamp but in a different design and for a different occasion.


This card uses the same stamped elements but put into some frames and a sentiment from another MFT set, Birth-Yay.
The frames were made by die cutting kraft card using some really old scalloped dies, which I cut away the center of with dies for the small ones and fussy cut the middle oval because my matching oval die was too small! The backgrounds were coloured with Copic markers and the little fussy cut puppies added, the larger image was done in much the same way, trimming away the excess. 
All the elements were added to a white linen effect base card, including 3 brads from
 which the pictures hang. The central oval frame was popped up over pads but the others were glued flat.

Here are both my designs together. It's sad that Darnell has felt the need to stop this fun challenge but I was determined to enter the last one, even if I am a little near to the wire!!

For more TAIL inspired cards from the Cardz4Guyz DT check out the blog here.

 I'd like to join in over at:-

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic coloring of your images!! I am always impressed with your work!! Great card for inspiring others to play along with our "things with tails" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fun cards, Julie! You've done a terrific job of mirror image with the sweet pup and your coloring is spot on! Two super cute dog cards! Thanks for sharing in our last Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a dog person, I totally understand the sediment on your first warm and uplifting card design, Jules. It's going to bring cheer to someone with that sweet little boy and his even sweeter little dogs. But your second design really made me smile with those little tiny frames! So creative and so darling! And btw, you are a pro at fussy-cutting! Thank you for all your support and for playing in our final Twofer Card Challenge! It is sad to close it because it has been fun and challenging and amazing to see everyone's design skills being stretched every month. I look forward to seeing you carry on the concept occasionally! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards. Sure Max is loving being inspiration but would not enjoy being picked up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What BRILLIANT cards Julie. Definitely best hugs of all from our doggos!! Love those little frames too, such a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)