Monday 16 August 2021

Color Hues #24

Welcome to a new colour combo at Color Hues. This time it was my turn to choose, not as easy as it would appear, but eventually I thought of tropical islands and settled on this summery combination.



As I've said before, when it comes to colour groups, the small cube ink sets from Altenew make it easy to get colours that work together. For this card I used Coral Bliss and Pink Pearl from the Tea Party set and Coral Berry from Red Cosmos. The Turquoise panel uses all four of the Sweet Dreams set.
Using a Background Block Bold Stripes from Uniko, I stamped an ombre panel then stamped the flowers from Adore you on white card and the leaves onto vellum with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP. The leaves were left without colour but I added washes of the coral colours to the flowers before fussy cutting and arranging them into a pleasing group. A small, silver die cut Congrats was layered over a black one, then added to the card. A little bit of the black layer was left showing around the silver so it stood out better against the background. A few clear sequins complete.

So where will theses colours take you, you've certainly made it difficult to choose our winners in the challenges so far. For more colour combo inspiration check out our DT and GD here.

At Color Hues, we are also joining in with Altenew's Ultimate Blog Hop, so I may just have to link up there!

10 comments:

  1. Swooning over your ombre turquoise stripes, coral flowers and delicate leaves! Gorgeous!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just a stunner! It's amazing to me how very different the soft colors of turquoise and coral are from the brighter versions. Those flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the look of the flowers with their vellum leaves against the ombre stripes. A total wow card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning love this colour combination and the flower you used is just perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely design & card!!😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color combination is so pretty. Love it on florals. It was so fun to join Color Hues as GD. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card, Julie! The ombre stripes are going to have to be CASED, if you don't mind! Love the vellum leaves too! This is sure to inspire a lot of participants! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing colour combo Jules! LOVE your card design. Your ombre striped background is beautiful and I love the delicate look of your coral coloured blooms. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is one eye catching card and absolutely stunning x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my giddy Aunt, this is beautiful and really transports me somewhere tropical ( not that we have ever been anywhere tropical mind you) where the sea is just that colour!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)