Sunday 1 August 2021

Color Hues #23

Afternoon folks. It's a brand new month so it must mean a brand new colour combo from Color Hues.
It had me thinking for a while but after a bit of Pinterest searching eventually found this card which gave me an idea. This what I made as a result, what do you think?




I stamped MFT's background Bundles of Blossoms, die cut it and then in the bottom right corner, I marked off a rectangle which I spotlight coloured using my Copic markers. I could have die cut a panel like the example and coloured that, then replaced it but chose this OL method instead.
It was easy to keep to the colours as I restricted myself to just the RV and Y/YR section of my Copics.
To make it look as though I had die cut the panel, I added a shadow line to two sides before adding my sentiment banner over the coloured section.
My finished panel was then added to a white base card.
So how will you interpret these colours, we'd love to see where you take them.
For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's gorgeous! Your spotlight panel really pops with these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spotlighting technique and your card is beautiful, Julie! Love the way you added the shadow! Amazing and clever idea. You are always inspiring me! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique and this card us stunning! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spotlighting is such a great technique and it worked beautifully here! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great technique and your card looks gorgeous.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)