Monday 2 September 2019

Another pink and grey floral card!

Evening all!
Just as the heading says I've got another pink and grey floral card for you, this time I've used stamps and die cut roses.


I do love this colour combination but this card was made to announce the start of a brand new challenge over at HLS CAS.



So a colour challenge for you this month.
Although we talk a lot about white space on a CAS card, that space is not necessarily always white!
Here are a few other pointers for creating a CAS card.



After deciding to make my background grey, I stamped some foliage in Versamark and embossed using a WOW semi dull EP to give a tone on tone effect. The watercoloured die cuts were then layered up and arranged and added over the background. On a strip of white card, I stamped my greeting, cutting it into a banner using an MFT banner die. If you are a bit worried about spoiling a design with a last minute faux pas with a stamped greeting, it makes for a fail safe result! Even though I have a MISTI stamping tool and the days of  half stamped greetings is a distant memory, using a banner sentiment is still one of my favourite ways to add a sentiment. Whisper it quietly but you can also use it to cover a stamping boo-boo! Tucking a sentiment on a banner amongst the flowers also helps to keep the design CAS.

So that's it from me but please check out the rest of the team here and then why not join in.

Joining in over at:-

As You Like It Challenge
Favourite way to add text


A square card



Grab our logo
Feminine

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, love the grey background and those dies are gorgeous - great layout and so CAS! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grown up!! Gorgeous colours and I love the dinky inky sentiment. Always lovely to see you at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty floral creation in the soft colours, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Feminine' them at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and feminine card !
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and elegant card. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pink and great birthday card. Love the pink flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! The quintessence of elegance. I love your CAS projects, they are so refined. Your flowers harmonize perfectly with the gray base of the card
    BożenA xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)