Tuesday 18 December 2018

Tartan Happy New Year

Good morning, back to share a card I made for the new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz
The theme this time is :-

NEW YEAR - NEW BEGINNINGS

So,  I thought about making a tartan inspired card. Scotland seems to celebrate the New Year or Hogmanay more than we do here.


The background to this card was made using the stamp strips from Uniko's Background Builders Christmas 2018 set. I was inspired by fellow Uniko DT member Sarah P to create the background after I saw this fab card
I used a panel of red card, a gold liner pen and three of the strips, the 3 stripes, diagonal lines and the wrong side of the Ho ho ho!
The diagonal line strip was laid across the panel and inked in Versamark before heat embossing with white EP, repeating to get the required pattern.
The 3 line stamp was inked in Altenew's Hunter Green and stamped in a tartan pattern followed by the Ho Ho Ho stamp which I reversed to get a plain image in Altenew's Ruby Red. When dry I added some gold lines with a fine gold marker and a straight edge.
The panel was then trimmed down to size and added to a white base card. 
From some gold glitter paper, I cut the 2019 and added it to the same cut from red fun foam.
On a banner of black card, I stamped the sentiment from Simply Said Christmas and heat embossed with white EP and then popped it up on a strip of foam.

For more masculine themed cards pop over to the Cardz4Guyz blog.
Hope we can prove to you that making cards for the blokes in your life is easier than you think.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)