Tuesday 16 October 2018

Penguin Tag Christmas

Hi and welcome to a post to announce the start of a brand new challenge over at ATSM.
Here's my inspiration for you.


Our theme this week is -


My mojo fled out the window this week, I started with a stinker of a cold a week ago and am finding it difficult to throw off, so I went looking for inspiration out there in blogland.
So after checking out a few challenges, I came up with the above card.
The start was the layout at Sketch Saturday followed closely by the girls at LIM wanting tags. CAS Christmas wanted birds so that sent me hunting through my stash. It was a toss up between penguins and owls and eventually I went with this little chap from MFT.
I started by cutting a tag with my Poppy Stamps Stitched Main Street tag die set from a panel of card. I then embossed the panel less the tag with an EF of unknown origin. The space left by the tag was filled with a scrap of DP from the stash before the panel was attached to a matching base card.
On a scrap of card, the fire and penguin were stamped, coloured with Copics and then fussy cut.
To finish a small silver twine bow and sentiment were added to the tag before adding to the card at a jaunty angle and adding in the fussy cut elements.

So what will your project be, we'd love to see it in the gallery, but if you need more inspiration the DT have more ideas for you here.

Joining in over at:-

    

   Grab our logo
                                                  Christmas

13 comments:

  1. What a cute little penguin Jules and he looks so toasty next to the warm fire. A grat idea to emboss the background.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Jules! Great texture from your dry embossed background. And I LOVE the double tag with the pretty blue with white polka-dot bottom later. That little penguin is so sweet and looks very happy with his fire and marshmellows! Yum! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's adorable and love that embossed background. Your penguin is so cute heating up his marshmallows :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas with this cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really sweet card for our 'Christmas' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such adorable card, Julie! Love the texture on back and cute image. A fun Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This penguin tag is adorable, Jules! Your coloring is spot on and I love how you've given the look of layers without an additional layer! A fantastic and fun card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a winner card Jules
    the penguin in the TAG is so so cuute LOVE IT
    and still look CAS
    clever!!
    love this card
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Julie and it looks like that sketch was just the thing to boot the mojo back into action. I bought that stamp set last year ( having been inspired by you!!) and it hasn't seen ink yet...must look it out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply fabulous card Julie. You always come up with amazing layouts. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to cut the tag and tilt it to show the snowfall, Julie. I love the embossing too, and of course the darling penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Xmas tag on that gorgeous embossed background and your colouring is just perfect! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute scene with the darling little penguin and the toasted marshmallows. Just a reminder for next time that we do prefer to see a large area of unpatterned/untextured/unembossed white space on cards at Less is More. Anyway, thanks for letting us see this gorgeous card and I do hope you will join us again xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)