Thursday 18 October 2018

Melissa, a tribute

Just over a fortnight ago, I was checking my phone for messages as my husband and I travelled home over the Pennine hills. We'd visited our son, the OH had checked in at the office and I'd been for some crafty fun with my bestie. Just as we dropped down into Lancashire, I checked one particular message that left me shocked and disbelieving, one of my STAMPloration teammates, Melissa, MainesLanes, had passed away.

Unlike many of my DT teammates, I had actually met Melissa and her lovely family at the HLS retreat in Swindon in 2016.
Melissa was then living in Germany with her forces husband Chris and family and was looking forward to returning to Maine in the near future. They had driven enmasse, including their house rabbit, to meet up with everyone in Swindon for a weekend of crafty fun before heading off for a sightseeing holiday.
From that brief meeting it was evident that she had a wonderful and supportive family and I was so pleased to hear that she had recently, finally made it back to Maine, where they were in the process of setting up a small holding.

Many of you may know her from her blog Honey Bee Lane and her stints on various challenge blogs, AAA, HLS, as well as the STAMPlorations MM team.

She was in her prime and finally back in Maine living her dream, which is why I was so shocked when I read Shery's news.

Melissa loved butterflies, so Shery decided that our tribute to her should be themed along those lines, in a celebration of her life.

Here is my tribute.



If you would like to celebrate Melissa's life with us, you would be very welcome to add your project to the STAMPlorations post.
All details of how you can participate are on the STAMPlorations blog here.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, flower and text


4 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute to Melissa. Aren't we so lucky to have met her in person? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful in purest white, Julie. Our attempt to meet up while she was in Germany unfortunately didn't work out. I remember that they attended the retreat in the UK. So nice that you got to meet them (all!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sad post Julie and a dreadful shock. This is a lovely way to remember her, it's a beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card in Melissa's memory Jules. I think everyone was shocked by this tragic news. I hope that Chris and family feel loved and supported by the wonderful outpouring of love for Melissa. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)