Thursday 16 August 2018

Uniko preview So Much

Morning all. 
It's time to take a closer look at one of the new stamps sets in the summer release from Uniko.




Bev launched this design a while ago as a digital freebie but she's now made it available as a regular stamp set. 
I stared at the stamp set for awhile wondering where to go with it, then decided to use a stencil as the background but the outlines looked lost so I added some black Copic marker to each of the sprays to make them stand out. I used Picked Raspberry DI, one of my fave colours, it's bright and cheerful without being too girly, definitely not a sickly pink. There's lots of that dark pink colour all over our house in curtains and bedding. The sentiment was stamped in black then embossed with a clear semi dull WOW EP. The die cut panel was then attached to a base card.

A simple CAS card but for even more fab inspiration, check out the rest of the team -

Jane 
Julie - that's me
Linda

 Joining in over at:-

As You Like It Challenge
Black and white plus your fave colour

10 comments:

  1. Great idea for over-stamping your lovely background with bold black! Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Love the stencilled background, neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have made the floral bouquet solid by colouring it in black, will be giving this a go myself! The lattice stencilled backdrop is a lovely accompaniment and still being a novice when it comes to using stencils I am inspired by this. Wonderful showcase of this set. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pairing the flower cluster with the stencil makes for one eye-catching design! Soooo pretty! Sorry I was so late in adding my card and missing the link list; my stamps just arrived today (talk about 'just in the nick of time'), so I'll still be last minute for a while. Just so happy to have them in the house!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and I am definitely with you on black white and pink!! Thank you for joining in at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous design..... I love how you've made the stamped image stand out from the stenciled background xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card ! Very clever idea to use this stamp in black over the soft pink stencil. I should think more often to use stencils to make backgrounds !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Juli. Love how you did the background! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design Jules. Love the stenciled pink background to show off those beautiful images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes a great shade of pink that works very well with the monochrome image - i love the juxtaposition of the soft blending with the bold black x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)