I hope I find you well.
Another Tuesday means another challenge over at Cardz4Guyz.
This week we would like to see your favourite -
CHRISTMAS COLOUR COMBO
for a male, young or old.
I'm afraid this year I appear to be going down the blue and white route with my Christmas cards with the occasional addition of a bit of silver and this is no exception.
This design is one of my Christmas staples for quick and simple cards that I have used for years. I can't remember where I first saw the idea but it was pre blogger!
The basic idea is -
1.Take a base card, I used an A6 side fold in white, wrap a panel of Christmas word printed paper over the fold of the card and stick down. I created my own paper by stamping a Do Crafts Papermania Holiday Words background, heat embossed in white and then inked over in blue DIs.
2. Next take an off cut of a contrast card or thick paper about 8.5 x 5cm. Find the center of one 5cm side and then cut to each corner to make an isosceles triangle. Again I made mine using some dark blue card and added embossed dots and snowflakes in silver.
3. Cut the triangle across the diagonal into 5 pieces.
4. Glue a strip of ribbon or shiny card along the edge of the wrap. This is the stem for the tree.
5. Cut a pot and star out of shiny card and place at the bottom and top of the ribbon on pads.
6. Place the cut pieces on pads and arrange between the star and pot to create the tree.
It sounds more complex than it is, honestly. Go on have a go and join in.
For more inspiration pop over to see what the rest of the DT have for your inspiration.
I shall enter the following challenges:-
Less is More - Celebrations
The Male Room - Make Ribbon Masculine