Tuesday 25 April 2017

Walking Boots

Good morning all.
What has happened to the weather? A gorgeous, almost summerlike weekend followed by chill winds and snow last night! We took advantage of the glorious weather on Sunday to visit the bluebells in Combermere Abbey woods. It's not really that far away and we had promised ourselves that we would go the next time there was an open day. I picked a leaflet up at the hairdressers last time I was there and made a note of the date on the blackboard. Well we nearly missed the date as we have in the past but luckily I noticed the date on Saturday afternoon so just before one, off we set. Lots of others had the same idea, for the place was rammed, old and young alike. The bluebells did themselves proud and we treated ourselves to tea and cake afterwards, I just had to buy a few plants for the border before we left! Max enjoyed himself, made a friend of a lady sheltie who kept glancing back to check he was still behind. 
Anyway the walk in the woods reminded me of this week's challenge at Cardz4Guyz which is -

THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Love being out and about but don't go scrabbling over hill and dale these days, just a gentle stroll with the dog. I should have got the old boots out for the wood walk as there were lots of surface roots ready to trap the unwary walker in inappropriate footware! Here is my inspiration for you.


Knew I wanted to use this stamp from Woodware and the layout from Paper Players but what colour to use? I then stumbled across the latest challenge over at Sunday Stampers, although a picture of an orange on a branch the colours work really well here, walkers seem to go for brightly coloured laces these days!
To start I stamped the central panel with the tread stamp in Memento Espresso Truffle then the larger boots on a scrap of card. The orange edges on the central panel were made from scrap paper coloured with the darkest orange Copic marker I used for the laces. I coloured the boots with more Copics then fussy cut them out. On another scrap of card I scribbled some Copics to match the laces and cut out the CUTploratons die sentiment, then decided it needed some thing more so cut another and inked it in the same Espresso Truffle ink. Placing the orange slightly off center to allow the brown layer to show I glued them together, then attached it over my boots, weaving the lefthand lace through the first couple of letters of celebrate. On a MFT banner I stamped the rest of the greeting and placed it under the edge of the celebrate, glued flat on the sides and on pads in the center.

For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here, then why not join in.


I'd like to join in over at -

          

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Julia! I loved those boots!! :)Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card! The colors are just perfect with your design. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow, down South, but my word it's chilly!! Abandoned my ride this morning and had to get the winter jacket back out to walk the dogs...brrrrrr!! Still, we know it won't last long, hopefully. Love this card Julie, your colouring is perfect and I love the tread panel behind the boots xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! I love that image and word die.Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players...so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool boots, Jules. LOVE the orange laces! Great job with colouring, and the sentiment die really stands out with the shadow. Snow??!! Yikes! We are having lots of sunshine in-between the rain showers, that is. :) Do love this time of year with all the cherry blossom trees in full bloom. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Jules! Love the footprint background with the boots and the statement orange laces and sentiment. Reminds me of Robert Redford's boots in that film with Michelle Pfeiffer! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, this is fantastic! I love the footprint background and the way you colored your boots! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps and The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)