Thursday 20 April 2017

Button Wreath

Good morning.
Just popping by to share a card made for this week's Merry Monday challenge.


This is another of my made from scrap cards. While tidying up my stamped images I came across this Woodware wreath covered in some buttons but not made into a card, so I thought I would use it.
I simply attached a small ribbon bow and hanger so that the circle diecut would swing then decided that it was a little too delicate for the job and added some glue to the back of the panel, stamped a simple greeting and Bob's your uncle!


As I type there is no movement on our troubled drive saga, other than the track moving with more heavy wagons! Lots of banging coming from the compound yesterday so they are there but not willing to rectify the problem as yet.
 Onto the other sad tale of the sheep worrying, I have heard from a friend that the dogs had been 'missing' since the night before. She has been getting an awful lot of sympathy on social media about the loss of her dog sadly I can't bring myself to call her out on the cynical move she made, placing the post after the dogs had caused the death of 11 lambs! The ewes are still petrified and very jumpy. Would the 320+ commenters have been as sympathetic to her 'plight' if they knew what the dogs had done? We have some horrendous pictures that the Al and the vet took and although I have decided not to look too closely, I could tell from how shook up they all were that they were horrific. The vet has said that he wants to send them to the Farmer's Guardian to show careless dog owners what damage and pain even 'pets' can do. The one remaining dog according to statistics will attack again.  How can that woman live herself and deny her dogs were not involved!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh Jules between you and Loll you've both made me drool with your stunning creations. A button wreath ... now could make it ... but no geeen buttons!! 🙄
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wreath make of buttons!! So fun and cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This button wreath is awesome, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wreath stamp Julie, I have a feeling you made me buy it a couple of Christmases ago!! You are quite right, the remaining dog should never be trusted around any livestock in the future xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your button wreath, Jules! So many fun colors and sizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! I haven't used buttons on a design in quite some time ... thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love all the buttons. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)